Apple Demo Account and IDFA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apple Demo Account and IDFA

The demo account for the app contains my actual site username and a different password. Should I not be creating a special account for Apples testing? Also I don't serve ads to my paid customers so I really don't know what to do in that section with IDFA.

You should create a User Account just for Apple. It should be a Registered User.

The Apps do not have functionality to determine paid vs. unpaid users in regards to ad display.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
      You should create a User Account just for Apple. It should be a Registered User.

The Apps do not have functionality to determine paid vs. unpaid users in regards to ad display.
      But by usergroup I would hope?

Comment

The apps do not know what usergroups have permission to skip ads. There is no such Usergroup or Channel permission in the system.

Module permissions have no effect on the Mobile Apps.

Wayne Luke

Comment

So anyone with the app can see the content?

Comment

Can View Permissions exist. They are taken into account like all the other permissions. People will be able to view the content that they have permission to view based on their accounts.

That is completely different than Advertising. There is absolutely no permission related to Advertising.

Wayne Luke

Comment

In the ad modules there are usergroup setting.

Comment

So you have two very different clients. They don't really even share developers or development cycles.

A Web App usable in every browser. This uses HTML 5, jQuery 3, and CSS 3. In this app, you have a tool called Site Builder that changes how the App looks ands feels. Each page in Site Builder is built with Modules. Modules have options, including who can view them. This is included in what we call vBulletin Connect. It also includes an Administration client and the server management scripts.

Then you have Mobile Apps. These are compiled using React Native components. These components cannot be modified. Each page is hardcoded within the application. It doesn't use templates, style variables, phrases, or Site Builder (and its modules). Everything is hard coded. It gets strings of text from the web server in the form of JSON output that it uses to show content.

Module options or who can view a module has absolutely no relevance in the Mobile Apps. They don't use modules. They don't get the options or values sent to them. It isn't needed under any circumstance. This is compounded by the fact the Ads are not even content or treated as such. When you create and Ad module in Site Builder, it is just a block of HTML added to the page. Nothing more or less.

The Mobile Apps have their own mechanism to display ads. If you add your Admob information while creating the Apps, it will display ads in its ad locations (I am not sure of all of them to be honest) bases on your AdMob account. They will not show custom ads, read the HTML stuffed into modules, custom templates, or template edits. They will not inherit changes to the phrases edited in the AdminCP.

In order to hide Ads from specific usergroups, some mechanism needs to be added to the Mobile Apps to specify what groups shouldn't view Ads.

Wayne Luke

Comment

Okay I think I'm getting it. I haven't used any of the AdMob stuff so I think I'll be okay.

Thanks

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X