Pre Purchase Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre Purchase Question

I have an ongoing problem on my forums outlined here. My question is if I purchase the mobile app are my users going to be swamped with the posts from the RSS Feedbot or is there a filtering system for mobile app to set preferred content?
    I have a forum bot. How do I exclude it's posts or posts from the bots forums from showing up in the activity streaM

You should be able to create a custom search module and include or exclude any content you like by node ID or user ID.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
      Wayne Luke commented
      Editing a comment
      You cannot use Modules on the Mobile App.

• In Omnibus
      In Omnibus commented
      Editing a comment
      That's not exactly what I meant. The customer has posed this question in multiple locations. There can only be one instance of the Forum Home module (formerly Activity Stream module) per page but there can be as many search modules as one likes (within reason). So, the thought process was to create a search module which excludes the bot and a separate one which contains only the bot posts. It was not intended to be implied these would be created in the mobile app.

• Wayne Luke
      Wayne Luke commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes. The user wants to limit the RSS Feeds within the Activity Stream. There is no way to do this in the software. You cannot limit the Activity Stream by channel. I am not sure how to make that more clear. This topic is specifically about the Mobile App, not the Web Client. Offering solutions that aren't a solution doesn't help anyone.

The Activity Stream on the Mobile App would show the same content.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Okay Wayne. So I need the RSS feeds but I also need happy users. I'll put a feature request.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X