X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr Peabody
    replied
    Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
    1) Converting the database would be the fix here. There was no "old language" support. If you're not using the UTF-8 character support in MySQL, vBulletin will convert all non-ascii characters to their HTML Entities to try and support them.

2) This sounds like a bug with Dark Mode under iOS. It will be resolved in a future version. Right now the only workaround is to turn off Dark Mode.

3) The mobile app was originally designed to only show threads. There is work being done so the activity stream aligns more closely with the web client.

4) This would need a bug report. I doubt the API treats this as actual HTML.

5) You have to tap on the post to view any attachments as far as I am aware. They are constantly working on improving this.

6) When you compiled the App in the Mobile Publisher, did you hook it up to your Admob account? That is the only way ads are supported in the Mobile Clients. They do not use anything configured in modules from the Web Client in anyway.
    So glad to hear this. Currently its all over the place.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    1) Converting the database would be the fix here. There was no "old language" support. If you're not using the UTF-8 character support in MySQL, vBulletin will convert all non-ascii characters to their HTML Entities to try and support them.

2) This sounds like a bug with Dark Mode under iOS. It will be resolved in a future version. Right now the only workaround is to turn off Dark Mode.

3) The mobile app was originally designed to only show threads. There is work being done so the activity stream aligns more closely with the web client.

4) This would need a bug report. I doubt the API treats this as actual HTML.

5) You have to tap on the post to view any attachments as far as I am aware. They are constantly working on improving this.

6) When you compiled the App in the Mobile Publisher, did you hook it up to your Admob account? That is the only way ads are supported in the Mobile Clients. They do not use anything configured in modules from the Web Client in anyway.

Leave a comment:

replied
    Anyone, please?

Leave a comment:

started a topic Issues with mobile app (2.4.0)

Issues with mobile app (2.4.0)

I can post a support ticket for this, just first wanted to hear if some of my problems are well-known and can be fixed easily.

I just recently got my app on App Store and Google Play after a quite quick and effortless approval process. However, some issues, listed by order of severity:

1. UTF-8 issues, where posts with Scandinavian special characters are displayed incorrectly. This is major, since almost all posts on the forum are in Scandinavian languages. The database dates back to 2004, and contains old character encoding. I guess converting the database to UTF-8 could do the trick, but that seems like a dangerous process, so the question is if there is any quick-fix.

2. Some users report that when trying to log in, their username is display in white on white background, making it impossible to see if they've typed correctly. I have recreated this once.

3. Activity->Recent seems to post mostly just newly created threads, with a few new posts on existing threads. Is it possible to change this to show all recent posts, alternatively all threads which have updates?

4. I have some HTML visuals in the postbits, e.g. all moderators have the word 'Moderator' in italic under their name. Like this: "Name<br><i>Moderator</i>". This is not translated in the app, just shown as I wrote here.

5. Images posted as attachments in the app show up correctly in a browser on a PC, but are not visible in the app.

6. No ads are visible, although I told App Store that it would contain ads, and I have ads in the full version. Do I need to do anything specific to make these work?

Running Mobile Suite 2.4.0 and vB5.6.0.