Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

mobile suite ios apple rejection

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • mobile suite ios apple rejection

    Hi
    I got rejection for my first ios app submition to apple store with strange reoson : they are requesting to add the option to login with apple ! Please see the screen shot attached

    And please help how solve this
    Attached Files
    Industrial Engineering forum
    Forum Mobile App ISO/Android
    industrial Engineering forum YouTube

  • #2
    This shouldn't be required until April 30th. You can get around this by disabling Login by Facebook in your iOS app.
    Translations provided by Google.

    Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

    Comment


    • #3
      Yes according to apple rules this shall be after 30 April since I still can see many apps using mobile suite and the demo app still have the facebook login

      Facebook login is very importnat for users, is there any other way to get arroud this at least untel the new version of app released which suppose to have apple sign in option ?
      Industrial Engineering forum
      Forum Mobile App ISO/Android
      industrial Engineering forum YouTube

      Comment


      • #4
        I used facebook log in and it was accepted by Apple, the only issue that I faced with apple to approve my app is the date of birth since I checked in forum as required. Apple recomends to make it optional. So I disabled the date of birth as required then they approve it.
        Last edited by sandrose; Wed 25 Mar '20, 10:23am.
        http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/filed...ledataid=63608

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Eng.mohd.badawi View Post
          Facebook login is very importnat for users, is there any other way to get arroud this at least untel the new version of app released which suppose to have apple sign in option ?
          You can appeal the decision. I don't know what Apple Sign In will actually be implemented in the App.

          Vote here if it is important to you: https://tracker.vbulletin.com/vbulle...sues/VBV-19431
          Translations provided by Google.

          Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post

            You can appeal the decision. I don't know what Apple Sign In will actually be implemented in the App.

            Vote here if it is important to you: https://tracker.vbulletin.com/vbulle...sues/VBV-19431
            really I dont know what they will gain from adding apple sign in option however I think it need to be added to the app in an urgent revision cause apple will keep rejecting.

            I submitted appeal request, even I replayed in the Resolution Center trying to get the app approved and got apple review team answer attached

            also I Voted in the tracker for adding the apple sign in

            Attached Files
            Industrial Engineering forum
            Forum Mobile App ISO/Android
            industrial Engineering forum YouTube

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by sandrose View Post
              I used facebook log in and it was accepted by Apple, the only issue that I faced with apple to approve my app is the date of birth since I checked in forum as required. Apple recomends to make it optional. So I disabled the date of birth as required then they approve it.

              it seems they will ask to add apple sign in option in any new update for the app from now on, for me they didn't comment on the date of birth
              Industrial Engineering forum
              Forum Mobile App ISO/Android
              industrial Engineering forum YouTube

              Comment


              • #8
                The only workaround at this time is to remove Facebook Login. Adding Apple Sign-in requires new APIs and code in the core application. It isn't something that can just be added to the iOS App. It will be a significant undertaking and can't be patched in.

                Yes, Apple is will be requiring it on all apps that use third-party logins. They are not willing to negotiate it. If you want Apple to change this policy, you need to complain to Apple.
                Translations provided by Google.

                Wayne Luke
                The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                vBulletin 5 API

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
                  The only workaround at this time is to remove Facebook Login. Adding Apple Sign-in requires new APIs and code in the core application. It isn't something that can just be added to the iOS App. It will be a significant undertaking and can't be patched in.

                  Yes, Apple is will be requiring it on all apps that use third-party logins. They are not willing to negotiate it. If you want Apple to change this policy, you need to complain to Apple.
                  I understand the difficulty in adding the apple sign in option, but I believe it should be added since loosing such important feature in the app (facebook login) is really frustrating

                  for my case I will wait to get answer on the appeal request if not succeeded I will remove the Facebook login for now

                  appreciate if you could guide me on how to complaint this to apple and I wish all our follow mobile suite users will follow the same and complaint this issue to apple
                  Industrial Engineering forum
                  Forum Mobile App ISO/Android
                  industrial Engineering forum YouTube

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
                    This shouldn't be required until April 30th. You can get around this by disabling Login by Facebook in your iOS app.
                    But nonetheless after 4/30, if we rebuild our respective iOS apps, will they comply with new Apple ID Unlock?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I don't foresee a new version of the Mobile Apps being released before 4/30/2020. Even then, development on this feature hasn't even started. If this is important to you, then you should vote for this issue: https://tracker.vbulletin.com/vbulle...sues/VBV-19431
                      Translations provided by Google.

                      Wayne Luke
                      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                      vBulletin 5 API

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        After removal of facebook login Apple approved the app in two days, below link
                        https://apps.apple.com/dz/app/industrial-engineering-forum/id1504278687
                        Industrial Engineering forum
                        Forum Mobile App ISO/Android
                        industrial Engineering forum YouTube

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          however, just today apple extended the implementation of their guidelines to 30 june 2020 , please see the attached screenshot

                          Do you advice resubmiting the app with facebook login for now ? They will approve it or no ?
                          Attached Files
                          Industrial Engineering forum
                          Forum Mobile App ISO/Android
                          industrial Engineering forum YouTube

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Eng.mohd.badawi View Post
                            however, just today apple extended the implementation of their guidelines to 30 june 2020 , please see the attached screenshot

                            Do you advice resubmiting the app with facebook login for now ? They will approve it or no ?
                            We cannot possibly advise. We have no connection to Apple and no influence on how they implement their policies.

                            The best people to ask, I'm afraid, are Apple themselves.
                            MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

                            TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.3 Demo
                            AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

                            Comment

                            widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...
                            X