Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When does Push Notification work? (after finishing setting up)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When does Push Notification work? (after finishing setting up)

Hello,

I have finished setting up firebase and been testing vBulletin ios app on TestFlight.
    As I can see, Push Notification will send notification for messages that received from other members on forum.

I'm wondering is there any setup to make it push specific notification to users. For example, new subscriber, new reply, new like..?

Thank you very much for your kind support.

The user can determine what they are notified about in the Web Client under "User Settings -> Notifications."

The app will show have push notifications after the user logs in and stays logged in with the app. If the user doesn't visit the site within 7 days, the notifications will be suppressed. They will also have to enable Push Notifications for the app in their phone settings.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Thank you for reply.

I have known about user setting option for notification.
      For example, I can see notification about my new likes on web view (any browser). But my app notification does not show that.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
        If the user doesn't visit the site within 7 days, the notifications will be suppressed.
        What is the rationale behind this, and could we PLEASE have an option to decide this ourselves, as forum admins?

IMHO, notifications are a very effective way of having users coming back to your forum and helping them keeping track of the activity there, so cutting all push notifications off for users after only 7 days of inactivity sounds pure crazy to me?!

No other app I know of does this (and for a good reason too)!?

Comment

There is no setting. I do not know the rationale. I don't design or develop the Mobile Suite. I don't even use it very often because the Web UI is better for my purposes. I only use it to try and replicate issues people report.

You'll have to request such a feature to be added.

Wayne Luke

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
            There is no setting. I do not know the rationale. I don't design or develop the Mobile Suite. I don't even use it very often because the Web UI is better for my purposes. I only use it to try and replicate issues people report.

You'll have to request such a feature to be added.
            Ok, a tracker request has now been created.

As a side note, contrary to your highly knowledgeable replies in all other support forums on this board, wouldn't it make some sense to have someone from the Mobile Suite support/dev-team being responsible for the support replies in this particular forum, rather than you just replying that you have no idea because you don't use the product yourself? I mean, since this is after all a support forum for the Mobile Suite?

Comment

Developers rarely visit the forums. Mobile Suite developers even less so. There is no separate support team. Not knowing the rationale behind a design decision isn't a gamebreaking thing. The apps are designed to be a different client than the Web App and not have all the same configuration options available. This makes setting them up in the mobile publisher easier. Again design decisions are made for this.

Support for the Mobile Apps basically involves helping people publish them on the various stores based on the documentation provided and reporting issues with the mobile publisher if apps cannot be built. They can't be truly customized as they are compiled apps.

Wayne Luke

Comment

Ok, I see. Still, the excellent support you supply for the main product (including your close contact with the developers etc) is one of the things that make me return to it as a paying customer, and I still really miss the same thing for the Mobile Suite.

Comment

As a compiled app, there isn't much that can be tweaked in the Mobile App to work around issues while the developers fix bugs and add features.

Wayne Luke

Comment