Recent posts not showing as recent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recent posts not showing as recent.

When the app starts, it shows recent posts, but not the most recent replies in posts. It looks like it sorts in order of the creation of the main post, so new replies get lost easily. Is there a setting I can set to see the newest posts/replies in the app? On my forum I hit new topics and it lists correctly. I'm using the latest versions of the forum and app.Thanks

This site does the same thing. I hit latest activity and it shows the latest posts, yet the app shows the latest threads. The most recent post on this site is number 20 on the app. If someone replies to an old thread, you'll never see it on the app. This issue is the reason I have not released this to my site. The few people I let try the app do not like the app because of this. This needs to be addressed. Please fix it.

Comment

Another issue. Under the activity tab on the app, the subscribed button shows a bunch of threads I never subscribed to, and not the threads I am subscribed to.

Comment

You can't compare the output of this site with the output of the mobile app. They are two separate clients and each set their own parameters as to what data is requested and the order it is displayed in. If your data isn't shown the way you want, you can put in an improvement request in the Tracker. This may result in an option or a hardcoded change in the Mobile App.

You can be automatically subscribed to topics based on an option in your account settings. You can see this on this site by visiting the Notifications tab of your user settings.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
        Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

I get that they are different, but I do think the outputs should be similar. Not showing recent posts seems like a bug, but I will submit an improvement request and patiently wait for the update so my club will use the app.

Maybe I am mistaken in thinking that the subscribed button under activity would show threads I am subscribed to. It shows a lot of threads, but I am currently subscribed to only 1 thread, It seems to show all subscribed threads from all users.

Comment

There is a setting to automatically subscribe you to everything you create, reply to, or comment on. You might be subscribed to forums you created if it was on when you created them. It is under /settings/notifications.

Wayne Luke

Comment

That is set to off. I only have 9 posts, so being subscribed to 30+ posts isn't possible. It shows threads that I have never seen before. This thread is the only one I'm subscribed to. The app shows more than I wanted to count.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20191213-142640_vBulletin[1].jpg
Views:	194
Size:	294.7 KB
ID:	4429537

And this post is at #48 in recent activity.

Name:	Screenshot_20191213-143916_vBulletin[1].jpg
Views:	153
Size:	294.3 KB
ID:	4429538Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20191213-144317_vBulletin[1].jpg
Views:	147
Size:	281.9 KB
ID:	4429539

Comment

Those screenshots aren't showing topics you're subscribed to. The Activity Stream shows the most recent topics to the site overall.

Wayne Luke

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
                  Those screenshots aren't showing topics you're subscribed to. The Activity Stream shows the most recent topics to the site overall.

So when I click the subscribed button, shouldn't I see threads I'm subscribed to?

Name:	image_75125.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	301.7 KB
ID:	4429876

Comment

I'm having the same issue I just installed mine and recent activity don't match what I see on the forum, in fact a lot of new posts don't even show up however the push notifications are showing every new post/notification.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Peabody View Post
                      I'm having the same issue I just installed mine and recent activity don't match what I see on the forum, in fact a lot of new posts don't even show up however the push notifications are showing every new post/notification.
                      If it wasn't for the push notifications, I wouldn't know there were new posts. I guess we're the only 2 people that care about recent posts...

Comment

If you're using the Apps and experience what you feel are bugs, please open a new bug report for them here: https://tracker.vbulletin.com/vbmapp

Personally, I can't recreate the issues. However, I don't use the Apps very often. For my workflow, the Responsive Web Client works a lot better. The only benefit the Mobile Apps provide me are push notifications, if I remember to log in once per week.

There are no settings in the vBulletin software that can be used to change this output. The module options only affect the Web Client, not the Mobile Apps. We cannot help you change these configurations as part of support due to the fact these are compiled applications. A new version needs to be created by the developers to correct issues that you're encountering. The Mobile App developers do not visit the forums. The Mobile Suite Project Manager does visit the Issue Tracker and acts on issues accordingly.

Wayne Luke

Comment

I understand Wayne but we've paid a premium for this app and I agree the responsive web version works great I prefer it also but a lot of people are obsessed with apps. I don't think its too much to ask that "recent" in the app actually show you a list of recent posts/topics in order of newest to oldest. I'm just surprised after all this time nobody has picked up on this or the app has no like function built in.
                          It just looked bad for me releasing this telling everybody this was a better alternative to Tapatalk and have it fall short.

Comment

Yes. I understand. Technical Support cannot make or direct you to make the changes you want. We cannot change what is basically a deficiency in the design of the application.

As I said, if you feel there is a bug, please log it in the bug tracker. The issue will need developers to change the coding of the software. If no one logs it as a bug, then it won't be changed. It really comes down to that. I don't use the App regularly so when the developers have questions, I won't answer them correctly and the issue won't get resolved to your liking.

I have never used Tapatalk so any comparisons to it are lost on me. I have no clue on what it does.

Wayne Luke

Comment

I did post this on the tracker and they confirmed the issue. Says it will be addressed in 2.4. https://tracker.vbulletin.com/vbmapp/issues/VBM-90
                              I only use the app to quickly see if there is new activity when I am not able to use the website. Most of the people that will use our app do not have an office job, so the app will be used a lot. I used Tapatalk a lot before they screwed it all up. That's why we went with the Vbulletin app.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X