No announcement yet.

Recent posts not showing as recent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It appears to require some core changes. The earliest that would happen is in 5.6.0 then changes to the App.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
      It appears to require some core changes. The earliest that would happen is in 5.6.0 then changes to the App.
      That's good to hear Wayne because I'm running out of excuses to my members especially when I'm trying to ween them off Tapatalk this is making it hard.
      I just had a complaint from a member asking why his posts don't show up in recent or subscribed. I opened up the app myself(I use the browser version) and couldn't see a single thread in there I was subscribed to.
      Click image for larger version  Name:	Firefox_Screenshot_2020-01-13T09-03-25.530Z.png Views:	0 Size:	115.6 KB ID:	4431610Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20200113-190050[1].png Views:	0 Size:	543.6 KB ID:	4431611
      In fact I'm not subscribed to any of these threads.
      I don't like complaining but this is embarrassing for me trying to explain this away to my users.
      Last edited by Mr Peabody; Mon 13th Jan '20, 1:20am.

Comment

I noticed another issue. When I click on a push notification it takes me to the post as it should. If I then navigate to a different post and click on it, I get taken right back to the post that the push notification opened to. No matter where I click from that point, I go back to that same post. I have to close the app to see other posts.

Comment

Is there any ETA on when these issues will be fixed? I've had to take the app down due to complaints.

Comment

The workaround is to set your lookback for the search module to a large number like 1500 days or 2000 days. Then old topics will show.

I don't have an ETA on the actual fix though. I believe it is in the Dev Queue. However with a simple workaround, it isn't as high a priority as other issues. Even with that vBulletin currently works best with current conversations instead of extending large old topics.

Wayne Luke

Comment

The workaround is to set your lookback for the search module to a large number like 1500 days or 2000 days. Then old topics will show.
              That doesn't sound like it will help us see the newest posts, just a lot more threads. If the recent posts aren't at the top of recent activity, what's the point. The dev's might say no big deal, but to me the app is mostly useless if I can't see current replies/posts. Try only using this app on your phone for a few days to keep up on here. You won't like it and I bet you wouldn't see these posts.

Comment

Yes. There is an option issue to resolve this on the Mobile Suite. Workarounds are just that: workarounds to help resolve the issue before the developers get it fixed months down the road.

I don't use the app because it isn't designed for administrating a site. It is designed for end users. It only provides 70% of the functionality I need to use this site. Functionality that I have been asking for since the first version was released back in the vBulletin 4.X days. The mobile view of the standard web interface suits my needs 100% for what I need to do when on the road.

So go ahead and get angry about things. It won't solve your issue any faster.

Wayne Luke

Comment

Yes. There is an option issue to resolve this on the Mobile Suite. Workarounds are just that: workarounds to help resolve the issue before the developers get it fixed months down the road.

I don't use the app because it isn't designed for administrating a site. It is designed for end users. It only provides 70% of the functionality I need to use this site. Functionality that I have been asking for since the first version was released back in the vBulletin 4.X days. The mobile view of the standard web interface suits my needs 100% for what I need to do when on the road.

So go ahead and get angry about things. It won't solve your issue any faster.
                  Nobody is blaming you Wayne I'm sure you are as frustrated as us.
                  We paid good money for this product mate and its not working as it should. I personally don't give 2 craps about the app but a lot of my forum members are obsessed with Tapatalk and ever since upgrading to VB5 even that doesn't work right, no fault of VBulletin of course.
                  I was really hoping this app would be a good alternative to Tapatalk but all I'm getting is complaints.
                  I don't think its too much to ask that when you click recent posts it works just like Today's posts or Subscriptions to actually show what you are subscribed to. I haven't tried the new version yet but as it stands all it did was show random posts with no rhyme or reason only a handful being new and as demonstrated above none were ones I had even subscribed to.

Comment

I'm not mad, just aggravated at the situation. Do me a favor Wayne, open up the app and try to find this new reply under recent activity. You will have to scroll down a hundred or so threads to the date the thread was created, which was on 12-5-19. Replying to it has no effect on the order. It stays under thread creation date only. If it solely based on creation date of the thread, then setting the look back on the search module does nothing. If there is a setting I can change to make it show latest threads or replies, please let us know.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X