Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    You can create a custom template to handle your banners. After creating this, you would assign it to the forumitem_below_description hook. You would need to use <vb:if> statements or Javascript to handle showing different banners for different forums. If you use the <vb:if> method, you'll need to transfer the channel id to the custom template via the hook interface and check for it. If you go the javascript route, your code should look at the classes and id on the forumitem to determine where to show the different banners.

Leave a comment:

• XGC Viper XI
    replied
    Is there a way to add the forum banner without using the description or a way to code it to display only on the website?

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Originally posted by XGC Viper XI View Post
    From vBulletin is there a way to determine if the app is viewing the forum and hence put a like an if statement to not show the images?
    The channel description field is designed for a text description. A side effect allows HTML here and we have never fixed the bug because people take advantage of it. Both the Web App and the Mobile App ask for a string of text, the server gives the string. The end device then determines what to do with it. We really try not to send different things to different clients because it upsets the customers.

Your best option for a quick workaround is to remove the HTML from the descriptions.

Leave a comment:

• XGC Viper XI
    replied
    I already have these issues in the Mobile Bug Tracker but I do not see anyone addressing them. This should not be a feature request, this need to be fixed from the app to either show the images or filter out html code. Bottom line exposing any code is not good.

From vBulletin is there a way to determine if the app is viewing the forum and hence put a like an if statement to not show the images?

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    The Mobile APPs do not support HTML in channel descriptions.

We can't alter the UI between versions. You will need to create a Feature Request in the Mobile Bug Tracker and it will reviewed for change in a future version.

Leave a comment:

• XGC Viper XI
    replied
    Any update on regarding this issue with mobile?

Leave a comment:

• XGC Viper XI
    replied
    See attachment. This is a major issue as it should show what and how the forums are displayed. If this cannot be done then I can't use the mobile app as you can see from the image people are not going to want to see that and use it.

If this cannot be fixed, how do I show the images on the forums and not on the mobile app? I was suppose to have this out last week.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    The Apps will not display the same as the web-based Browser Client. The interface is compiled into the Apps, not pulled from the server. This is to reduce bandwidth and provide a faster display of data.

Channel Descriptions have never been shown in the Apps as far as I am aware. For Advertising in the Apps, you must use the Admob services provided in the Mobile Publisher. If you don't want to do that, then charging a fee for the App would make up for lost revenue.

Leave a comment:

• XGC Viper XI
    replied
    Another issue when you go to the forums, it is not displaying the description as it should like the forums does. We have forum banners in the forums and it is displaying the html code not the image. Therefore, the app is making our site look horrible.

Also, thanks for the issue. I will use that to push notifications.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Originally posted by XGC Viper XI View Post
    Curious what is the benefit of the push notifications? And what is pushed?
    Whatever notifications you would normally get from the site... Mentions, Replies, updates from subscribed forums, follow requests, etc... You can have these pushed to your device via the app instead of receiving emails for them.

https://buildfire.com/what-is-a-push-notification/
    https://www.biznessapps.com/blog/wha...-notification/

Leave a comment:

• XGC Viper XI
    replied
    Ticket submitted for the iPhone App as it is totally inoperable.

Also, I went back in for the Android and it looks like the link was fixed. So I will continue with this one.

Curious what is the benefit of the push notifications? And what is pushed?
    Last edited by XGC Viper XI; Sat 23rd Nov '19, 12:37am.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Please open an issue in the Mobile App tracker.

Leave a comment:

• XGC Viper XI
    replied
    Attached image show for Review Mobile Publisher Android App with the Android App Icon with the Upload Custom Android app icon selected and there is no choose file button.

So, as you can see there is somethings that are severely wrong where I cannot continue.

Regarding the image to upload, I used Google Chrome Dev Tools and was able to find the actual code to add the image. Basically when you select it, it displays the one above not the one that it is supposed to display to add the image.

XGC Viper XI
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• XGC Viper XI
    replied
    Here is the error for Review Mobile Publisher iPhone App: A Database Error Occurred

Error Number:

ERROR: invalid input syntax for integer: "%3Cversion%3E" LINE 5: WHERE "app_version"."id" = '%3Cversion%3E' ^

SELECT *, "application"."name" as "app_name", "app_version"."android_ok", "app_version"."android_ok_time", "app_version"."android_cat", "app_version"."img_draw", "app_version"."id" AS "app_version_id" FROM "app_version" JOIN "application" ON "app_version"."application_id" = "application"."id" JOIN "site" ON "application"."site_id" = "site"."id" WHERE "app_version"."id" = '%3Cversion%3E'

Filename: /var/www/codeigniter/CodeIgniter-3.1.9/system/database/DB_driver.php

Line Number: 691

Leave a comment:

• XGC Viper XI
    replied
    That's what I have been doing. The Review for the iPhone gives that big error message that I submitted. The android, I get to the Android icon and there is nothing there to select the file. Hence the issues. Also, the API Key was there from vB4.

XGC VIPER XI

Leave a comment: