Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Appstore rejection issue when creating user.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Appstore rejection issue when creating user.

Hello,

My app for is rejected by the appstore as it has some problems like in this video. Can you please advice on how to fix this or correct the script in order for this to work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=or8r7auYpMA&feature=youtu.be

DOB is not required on my forum, so what is the issue?

Do you have COPPA enabled in the settings of your site? Disabling that should remove the birthday from the registration form.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

My 2.2 iOS app is also being rejected now for asking date of birth in the registration form of the app (and as was version 2.1 previously).

And NO, I do NOT have COPPA enabled either.

Here is the proof (in addition to the actual rejection by the Apple App Store, who of course did not just make up that the date of birth is requested by the app):

First, a screendump of my COPPA settings from the AdminCP of my board:

Then, a screen dump from the corresponding 2.2 Android app (which did get accepted in the Play Store, because they don't have the same rules about date of birth as the Apple App Store):

So, is there any other configuration option in vBulletin 5 in addition to the COPPA option that could cause this question to be asked during registration too, or is it indeed just a bug in the mobile apps that they always ask this question when you try to register a new account from them?

Comment

I have now filed a tracker bug report about this too, here: https://tracker.vbulletin.com/vbmapp/issues/VBM-81

Comment

Settings -> Options -> User Profile Options...

What do you have for the "Require Date of Birth" option on that page? The default setting is No.

Wayne Luke

Comment

I have "No" for that option too.

Here is screendump proof:

Comment

Then it would be a bug in the mobile app. It should only ask for the birthday if the system is setup that way.

Wayne Luke

Comment

Originally posted by vbSuperfan View Post
                My 2.2 iOS app is also being rejected now for asking date of birth in the registration form of the app (and as was version 2.1 previously).

And NO, I do NOT have COPPA enabled either.

Here is the proof (in addition to the actual rejection by the Apple App Store, who of course did not just make up that the date of birth is requested by the app):

First, a screendump of my COPPA settings from the AdminCP of my board:

https://i.ibb.co/ZSWJ7gV/coppa-disabled.png

Then, a screen dump from the corresponding 2.2 Android app (which did get accepted in the Play Store, because they don't have the same rules about date of birth as the Apple App Store):

https://i.ibb.co/6YxRD81/birthdate-r...m-in-app-s.png

So, is there any other configuration option in vBulletin 5 in addition to the COPPA option that could cause this question to be asked during registration too, or is it indeed just a bug in the mobile apps that they always ask this question when you try to register a new account from them?
                My 2.2 was approved in the appstore without issues, but... honestly I would have prefered it wasn't as it has a lot of functionality issues and need to wait for a month probably for the 2.3 so we will have a fix.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X