Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Your application is not ready to build" - even though build goes fine first, including confirmation email?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just as an FYI, I rebuilt and downloaded version 2.2 today (for both Android and iPhone), without any noticeable issues.

Comment

Aren't you having the issue reported by me here? https://tracker.vbulletin.com/vbmapp/issues/VBM-78

Comment

I unfortunately couldn't say, because neither me nor any of my users log in via Facebook.

I'd actually rather just disable the Facebook login option in the app altogether, but as far as I know, that's not possible, or is it Wayne Luke ?

Comment

Disable it on your site and it should be disabled in the App.

Settings -> Options -> Facebook Connect.
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
          Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Nope, I already have that option disabled too, and the Facebook login option is still displayed on the login page of my app (even graphically incorrectly so, as reported and screenshotted by me in this tracker issue).

Here is screendump proof of the setting in my AdminCP too:

I'm really starting to believe that the mobile apps simply have a static GUI, ignoring any board settings, both for the login form, and also for the user registration form, as being discussed in this separate thread right now.

Comment

I have now filed a tracker bug report about this Facebook login option bug too, here: https://tracker.vbulletin.com/vbmapp/issues/VBM-82

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
                Version 2.0 and higher of the Mobile Suite require vBulletin 5.5.X. They will not work with or build for a vBulletin 3.X or 4.X website. vBulletin 3.8.11 has been end of life for over a year now.

I am basing my response on that your Forum Account is linked to a customer account with only a vBulletin 3 license. If you have another license, you need to add your email to that customer account under Priority Forum Support.
                I upgraded to 5.5.4 last month. It is the same email and domain as version 3 was. My member account shows version 5 license is active. That may have been an old license that I no longer use. I changed my email to match the current license. Tried to build them today and still the same thing. If there is an issue with something prior to building, will it tell you or just fail. It looks like everything is ok.

Comment

Originally posted by 93 Krawler View Post

I upgraded to 5.5.4 last month. It is the same email and domain as version 3 was. My member account shows version 5 license is active. That may have been an old license that I no longer use. I changed my email to match the current license. Tried to build them today and still the same thing. If there is an issue with something prior to building, will it tell you or just fail. It looks like everything is ok.
                  From what I can see, the mobile publisher has never attempted to build your app. If a build actually fails, a support ticket is created with your license ID and we can see why it failed. I can't find any such ticket for your account.

I went through the Mobile Publisher on your account and finalized the options and told the system to build your apps. When you get to the end, you have to click "Continue" in the popup to build the apps. After doing this, it says:

Code:
                  iPhone:
                  Follow this link for instructions and documentation on how to join the Apple Developer Program and submit your app.

We are still preparing and compiling your app and we will send you an e-mail as soon as it is ready, or you can check back in a few minutes.

Android:
                  Follow this link for instructions and documentation on how to join the Android Developer Program and submit your app.

Your application is not ready to build. Please click here to edit and if necessary save.
                  I don't know why the Android is marked as not ready. Will have to get a developer to look at it.

Wayne Luke

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post

From what I can see, the mobile publisher has never attempted to build your app. If a build actually fails, a support ticket is created with your license ID and we can see why it failed. I can't find any such ticket for your account.

I went through the Mobile Publisher on your account and finalized the options and told the system to build your apps. When you get to the end, you have to click "Continue" in the popup to build the apps. After doing this, it says:

Code:
                    iPhone:
                    Follow this link for instructions and documentation on how to join the Apple Developer Program and submit your app.

We are still preparing and compiling your app and we will send you an e-mail as soon as it is ready, or you can check back in a few minutes.

Android:
                    Follow this link for instructions and documentation on how to join the Android Developer Program and submit your app.

Your application is not ready to build. Please click here to edit and if necessary save.
                    I don't know why the Android is marked as not ready. Will have to get a developer to look at it.
                    I would get the "We are still preparing and compiling your app and we will send you an e-mail as soon as it is ready, or you can check back in a few minutes." on both of them but I would come back and it would tell me they weren't ready to build.

I'm not sure who did what, but I got emails saying they were both ready to download. Thanks for the help.

Comment

Our Mobile Project Manager was able to get your apps to build. I don't know what the underlying issue was here. I meant to update this earlier but was pulled in other directions by unrelated issues.

Wayne Luke

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X