Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Your application is not ready to build" - even though build goes fine first, including confirmation email?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Your application is not ready to build" - even though build goes fine first, including confirmation email?

Tonight I tried to rebuild my Mobile Suite apps to version 2.1.

Both of them started the building process fine, and asked me to return later, as usual.

After a shorter while, I also received the usual "vBulletin iPhone Application ready to download" confirmation email (for the iPhone app, but strangely enough, not for the Android app), saying that everything was completed and that the new build is ready for download.

But, when I go to try download it, I'm instead just greeted with the following "error message", for both the iPhone and the Android versions of the app:

Your application is not ready to build. Please click here to edit and if necessary save.
    If I click the "click here" links in these error messages, I'm just taken to the normal pre-build config, where everything looks fine, without any error indications whatsoever.

Could you please fix this ASAP, so that I can submit/publish my version 2.1 mobile apps?

Update: The problem is possibly intermittent.

After rebuilding my iPhone app a second time, a working download link appeared (after getting the same confirmation email a second time), and I have now downloaded it.

I wasn't as lucky with the Android app though. A rebuild didn't help there (and again, no email confirmations are being send out for this one, contrary to the iPhone one, as described above), so currently attempting a third rebuild for that one right now...
    Last edited by vbSuperfan; Sat 12th Oct '19, 4:01pm.

Comment

Update 2: The Android app won't build properly (as described above) even after four attempts, so I'm giving up now.

Again, please fix this ASAP.

Comment

Also having the same issue... opened. the ticket... no answer. The iphone app builds, but the android doesn't ...
        Last edited by Cristi_XP; Sun 13th Oct '19, 1:57am.

Comment

Is anyone from vBulletin even reading this? Wayne Luke , Thong Nguyen , anyone?

This is a serious issue - the Mobile Suite Android app cannot be built at all anymore by your paying customers! It has been this way for at least almost a week now - please look into this ASAP!

This problem has been confirmed by both me and user Cristi_XP already (see above), and most likely many more customers are affected too, quite possibly all customers of the Mobile Suite, just that many haven't tried to rebuild that recently.

Even if all your Mobile Suite customers wouldn't be affected, it's still obviously a serious problem for several of them, indicating some kind of serious bug, so please use mine and Crisit_XP's accounts as test cases if so.

Comment

I have now filed an issue in the tracker for it too, here: https://tracker.vbulletin.com/vbmapp/issues/VBM-69

Comment

Will bring it up but I have no access to make any changes or fix any issues with the Mobile Publisher.
              Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
              The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
              vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
              Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

It seems the Mobile Team is working on a fix and will apply a patch as soon as they are able to do so.

Wayne Luke

Comment

Great! My issues where fixed manually by someone from opening a ticket for each forum, now seem to work. Meanwhile I have another issue, will create a new thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
                    It seems the Mobile Team is working on a fix and will apply a patch as soon as they are able to do so.
                    Thanks Wayne, sounds great.

Will you let us know in this thread when it's fixed and working again?

Comment

I've been told that this issue should be resolved now.

Wayne Luke

Comment

Thanks Wayne, but after reading you post, I tried to rebuild the Android app again, and unfortunately the exact same problem is still there, preventing it from being possible to build.

Could you please forward this information?

Also, please tell them to use my account as a test case if they had managed to get it working for other accounts, because mine obviously still isn't working.

Comment

Will bring it up.

Wayne Luke

Comment

Has this been fixed yet? I am having the same issue. I submitted a bug report a few weeks ago, but nothing has been done.

I am building my apps for the 1st time. When I get to the screen that says my apps are being built and to come back, I come back and it says "Your application is not ready to build. Please click here to edit and if necessary save."
                            I never get an email and it always says my app is not ready. I have tried multiple times with the same result. Both apps do the same thing.

Comment

Version 2.0 and higher of the Mobile Suite require vBulletin 5.5.X. They will not work with or build for a vBulletin 3.X or 4.X website. vBulletin 3.8.11 has been end of life for over a year now.

I am basing my response on that your Forum Account is linked to a customer account with only a vBulletin 3 license. If you have another license, you need to add your email to that customer account under Priority Forum Support.

Wayne Luke

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X