Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Apple is rejecting the new 2.0 iOS app (with the given reason "Guideline 4.3 - Design: Spam")

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apple is rejecting the new 2.0 iOS app (with the given reason "Guideline 4.3 - Design: Spam")

Did anyone get the new 2.0 iOS app to pass the Apple App Store review process?

They just rejected the vBulletin Mobile Suite iOS 2.0 app for my vBulletin board with the following provided reason:

4. 3 Design: Spam Guideline 4.3 - Design

This app duplicates the content and functionality of other apps submitted by you or another developer to the App Store, which is considered a form of spam.

Specifically, this app appears to be available in the same territories as another identical app submitted to the App Store. It would be appropriate to restrict the available territories for individual apps to those areas in which you intend to market and sell it and ensure none of the selected territories overlap.

Apps that simply duplicate content or functionality create clutter, diminish the overall experience for the end user, and reduce the ability of developers to market their apps.

The next submission of this app may require a longer review time, and this app will not be eligible for an expedited review until this issue is resolved.

Next Steps

- Review the Design section of the App Store Review Guidelines.
    - Ensure your app is compliant with all sections of the App Store Review Guidelines and the Terms & Conditions of the Apple Developer Program.
    - Once your app is fully compliant, resubmit your app for review.

Submitting apps designed to mislead or harm customers or evade the review process may result in the termination of your Apple Developer Program account. Review the Terms & Conditions of the Apple Developer Program to learn more about our policies regarding termination.
    Any clues or tips about how to fix this?

I know 100% certain that no other apps exist that are accessing my board.

You will need to appeal the decision and explain the correct situation to them.
    Unfortunately we have no control over this.
    MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.5.4 Demo
    AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

Sure, I was just wondering if this was a common problem, and what arguments to best use in the appeal in that case.

I'm suspecting that the default screenshots might be the main culprit, since they can be easily auto-matched by the app store systems, and I'm therefore suggesting that you try to auto-customize these screenshots as part of the build process. E.g. using the color scheme selected by the customer, and also, in the optimal case, letting the customer specify a number of mock thread names to be used in the screenshots, as part of all the other information you have to enter as a customer before building the app.

Comment

Creating and submitting your own screenshots is your best option. If you haven't you should use Apple's Testflight App to install the App on your devices for testing.

https://developer.apple.com/testflight/
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
        vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
        I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

Comment

Ok, thanks, will try it.

Comment

Hmm, it seems that Testflight requires beta tester users? First of all, I don't have any readily available beta tester users for my forum. Second of all, should I ask those hypothetical beta tester users to send me screenshots then you mean?

I also don't have any iPhone devices to test it on myself.

Comment

You should list yourself as a beta tester and install the software on your own device and gather your own screenshots.

Though without an iOS device, you would have to enlist the help of others. Or you can run an iOS emulator on a computer and get screenshots that way. Search for an emulator that works for you.

These are all services we wanted to provide for customers. However, neither Apple or Google allow us to submit apps on our customers behalf.
              Last edited by Wayne Luke; Wed 17th Jul '19, 7:30am.
              Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
              The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
              vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
              vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
              I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

Comment

If you still need help I can test your app for you and provide screenshots.
                ------------------------------------------
                Steve
                DM Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)
                CN Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)
                TheFaFClan Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)
                Audi Spirit Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)

Comment

Originally posted by SteveLV702 View Post
                  If you still need help I can test your app for you and provide screenshots.
                  That's very nice of you Steve! I'll send you a PM.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X