Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No certificate listed in drop-down in your "vBulletin Resign 2.0.app" when trying to sign app for iOS distribution?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No certificate listed in drop-down in your "vBulletin Resign 2.0.app" when trying to sign app for iOS distribution?

I have followed your instructions to the letter for distributing my vBulletin Mobile Suite iOS app to AppStore, but then I get to the re-signing step, there is no certificate listed (and hence, selectable) at all in drop-down in your "vBulletin Resign 2.0.app"!?

If I look in the Keychain program, the certificate is indeed there, BUT there is a red warning text displaying when I select it, saying:

"iPhone Distribution: MyCompanyName (XXXXXXXXXX)" certificate is not trusted

What can be the problem?

I placed my certificate in the (default-selected) "login" keychain after downloading it, since your instructions did not mention anything about this choice. Could the problem be that it should have been place in another keychain?

As long as this problem isn't solved, it's impossible to get my app into the AppStore.

You would have to contact Apple about getting a valid certificate.

What does XCode say about the certificate?
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
      You would have to contact Apple about getting a valid certificate.
      Sure, but if there's something wrong with my certificate, this also means that there is something wrong/lacking with your tutorial (which I followed exactly when creating it)!

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
      What does XCode say about the certificate?
      I don't even know what XCode is - it is not mentioned in your tutorial?! More exactly how will I check what you are asking here?

Also:

What are the exact criteria that have to be fulfilled for the certificate to show up in the drop-down in your "vBulletin Resign 2.0.app"?

What keychain should be selected when importing the downloaded certificate, when following your tutorial? Your tutorial does not mention this option at all, which it really should be updated to do, since this is a mandatory question to answer for the user when following your tutorial!

Comment

XCode is Apple's development suite and it is required to be installed on your Mac so that you can properly resign the App and submit Apps to the Apple App Store.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
        Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Ok, the missing Xcode was the problem. After installing it, the iPhone distribution certificate generated by following your tutorial suddenly shows up as valid in the Apple Keychain, and also consequently shows up in your "vBulletin Resign 2.0.app".

The reason for this, in turn, seems to be that Xcode automatically installs an intermediate signing certificate in the Keychain upon being installed, which completes the validation chain for the distribution certtificate. This can be gathered here and here.

In summary, you should probably be more clear about the Xcode part in your (otherwise very detailed) tutorial for publishing the iOS app (and to avoid confusion, also explicitly include in the tutorial which specific keychain that the distribution certificate should be imported to, as mentioned in a previous post of mine above).

Comment

In my case the issue was simply that the certificate had expired, I had to recreate it, recreate the mobile provisioning profile using the new certificate, and then was good to go.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X