Why Mobile Suite?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Mobile Suite?

İ have vbulletin 5 licence and i bought mobile suite for 199 but i cant do anything with android application. Can not search, can not see amy menu amd etc. I start thinking that the mobile suite is not for vbulletin 5.
    Mobile version of site is better. If you are developing this application i will wait but not, i will create a ticket for refund.

please take a look at my post history. I have details several major issues with the Android application and how it is basically non-functional. Many of these carry over to the iPhone application. The support staff are either uneducated or willfully leading customers astray. It is true the application has basically no function bulletin 5. This is largely an API problem and we must wait for vBulletin to fix it. They have no timeline for this fix. It will not give you a refund. It should be illegal.
    The reputation bar is hard coded. This is bad design.
    http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBV-14349
    Facebook 2 step registration doesn't work
    http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBV-9490
    Vbulletin android app does not work with VB5 and has no roadmap -- don't buy it! Demand better.
    http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/...Aroadmap-panel

Comment

i can view just some posts with wrong statistics by this mobile app. No message center, no profile, no administraion tools and etc.i watched the promo videos and it shows lots of features and bought it. now you have a very disappointed and sad customer vBulletin managers!!!

Comment

• mangoz
        mangoz commented
        Editing a comment
        This is correct.
        Its broken and they will not tell us when it will work.

I hope that others will see our posts so they do not waste their money. If it just had basic functionality that actually worked, I could excuse it being a little limited. But it crashes, it doesn't let you post, etc.

It works okay on vb4 apparently, so on google its very hard to find the truth. On vb5 its a joke. don't buy it if you read this!

and is there anyone who knows how to translate mobile application?

Comment

Hi, i didn't see your post before I ordered
        f****

Anroid and iOS App not working... Android crashes, iOS app shows no topics and no details.... Facebook login does not work... PRofile Avatare not working....

What can we do???? Will the support help? We bougth a not working product?!?!?! *aaarrrghhhssss*

Comment

Originally posted by Heiko Scharfenort View Post
          Hi, i didn't see your post before I ordered
          f****

Anroid and iOS App not working... Android crashes, iOS app shows no topics and no details.... Facebook login does not work... PRofile Avatare not working....

What can we do???? Will the support help? We bougth a not working product?!?!?! *aaarrrghhhssss*
          What is your vbulletin version ?

Comment

Comment

i installed my application to another android phone, sony xperia series and i saw there is a menu button ( 3 dots ) and when you click this menu it shows lots of features but i am using galaxy alpha and there is no menu button in the application.

Comment

• mangoz
                mangoz commented
                Editing a comment
                This is probably due to the app not following google's design standards ( https://developer.android.com/design/index.html )

The three dots is an old legacy menu that has been going away from android for something like 3 years now ( http://android-developers.blogspot.c...nu-button.html ). It exist as a legacy fail over, but you're probably only seeing it because the xperia runs a pretty stock version of android. The same three dots show on nexus devices.

lol at this google statement:

So you should update your legacy apps to remove the action overflow from the navigation bar when running on Android 3.0+ and begin using the action bar if necessary. You can do so all while remaining backward compatible with the devices your apps currently support.
                On android version 5.x+ and this was told to developers to change handling in 3.0 three years ago.

If you go to the features in the three dot legacy menu you will see that many do not work.

It is a shame. The app should default to forums, not the stupid stream with the clunky animation. The forums LOOK okay actually and I'd be pretty happy if they just worked after looking at them. Try to make a new post, you'll see it crash. Go look at a thread with images. They are either invisble or show as a hyperlink to an array.

Awaiting vb5 API fix and app to be redesigned ot meet google guidelines...
                Last edited by mangoz; Wed 11th Feb '15, 6:23am.

i bought both mobile suite and vbulletin 5 connect licence but i really start thinking to buy xenforo. vbulletin looks like the will not complete this project and close it like vbseo. Eveything is going into a mass.

Comment

You yre right - VBULLETIN is ignoring my support calls...
                No help vom vbulletin...

I will start a recharge request! That really really bad.... (((((

Comment

I bought xenforo anda notwi am a customer Of both of these products and i transfer my site to xenforo.

More stable forum and great support.

İ am sorry vbulletin but you dont care your cutomers...

Comment

• mangoz
                    mangoz commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I am sadly stuck as my new forum had great growth. I am too afraid to rock the boat. Will probably jump ship on xenforo 2.0 next year. My site will be running for a year at that time and my forum audience will handle the change better. I wish I had never gone with vbulletin, but now I have to make the best of it. I can only hope they improve over the next year, but their history is not this. And the main reason I went with them (mobile app on the fly) is a lie.

Originally posted by emrahozdemir View Post
                  I bought xenforo anda notwi am a customer Of both of these products and i transfer my site to xenforo.

More stable forum and great support.

İ am sorry vbulletin but you dont care your cutomers...
                  They only care about your $ and they have that so your on your own ..........

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X