Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Android app not working - anyone else had this happen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Android app not working - anyone else had this happen?

I'm new to the mobile suite and just managed to publish the first android app for my forum. As I don't own an android device myself, I asked a moderator to check it on their phone and this is what they said:

"I downloaded the app last night but each time I have opened it I get a pop up which says ''unknown error: invalid-api-signature'' . This pops up about 8 times in a row but after clearing them all, I am able to view the app. The app itself (when it works) looks good and clear. It is, as you probably know, just the forum with all the newest posts, not broken down into sections or anything like that and no capacity to start or respond to posts as far as I can see."

Has anyone else experienced the same problem and knows what is causing this?

Any help would be appreciated !

Do you have a link to your app.

Comment

It's here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...tin.build_2274

Thanks

Comment

I'm getting the same error on the front page, other than that your app is working fine. Although it won't let me post, says I don't have permission.

Comment

Thanks so much for checking this out, and for taking the time to post the screenshots !!

Does anyone have any idea what might be causing the error on the front page?

Also, you should be able to post (seeing how you registered - I take it your username was droidtest) - any idea what might be causing that? Are there any other settings apart from the "vBulletin API and Mobile Application Options" in "Settings" that one can change?

Comment

Unless you need to approve new users then I should be able to post. So not sure why I can't. Unless it's the API thing that is causing that as well.

Comment

No, I don't need to approve new users (not before the mobile app came along, anyway) - though there is an e-mail confirmation link which needs to be clicked? (it's not showing up in my control panel as having been activated - still says "Users awaiting e-mail confirmation") - did you activate the registration?
              Last edited by DFC99; Sat 21 Jul '12, 4:55am. Reason: typo

Comment

Originally posted by DFC99 View Post
                No, I don't need to approve new users (not before the mobile app came along, anyway) - thought there is an e-mail confirmation link which needs to be clicked? (it's not showing up in my control panel as having been activated - still says "Users awaiting e-mail confirmation") - did you activate the registration?)
                Ahh no I forgot about that. All working now, you just need to fix the API problem.

Comment

Thanks a lot for all your help ! Must get someone more techie than myself to check out the API thingy! Out of interest - did the Android app tell you that a confirmation link had been sent to your e-mail address and that you had to activate it? (it does on the non-mobile version)

Comment

Don't recall seeing anything, I'll have to check that out on my own app as well otherwise those joining via mobile app will wonder why they can't post.

- - - Updated - - -

Just had a thought, if you running any plugins try disabling them and then test the app while they are not running.

Comment

Originally posted by acwatts View Post
                      Don't recall seeing anything, I'll have to check that out on my own app as well otherwise those joining via mobile app will wonder why they can't post.
                      Let us know if your own app is the same! That would be pretty bad, because how would they know that they have to activate it in order to post?

Just had a thought, if you running any plugins try disabling them and then test the app while they are not running.
                      Thanks for the tip, will try that later !

Comment

Just did a search and found that most invalid api signatures are caused by an addon.

Comment

Gulp - yes I also found this:

"The 'Invalid Signature' issue is usually due to an add-on.

To troubleshoot this, first reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server. Also be sure to upload the admincp files to whichever directory you have set in your config.php file. Then run 'Suspect File Versions' in Diagnostics to make sure you have all the original files for your version and that none show 'File does not contain expected contents':

Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Diagnostics -> Suspect File Versions

[Note: In some cases you may also need to remove any of the listed .xml files in the includes/xml directory.]

Next, disable all products (except vB Blog, vB CMS and Skimlinks if you have them.)

Admin CP -> Plugins & Products -> Manage Products -> Disable

Then manually uncheck all plugins that are not for 'vBulletin Blog' and vBulletin CMS' here:

Admin CP -> Plugins & Products -> Plugin Manager

You must do BOTH of those steps in order to disable all non vBulletin Modifications.

Do you have the same problem? If so, fill out a support ticket at:

https://members.vbulletin.com/member...ontactform.php

Please include a complete description of the problem and be sure to include the login info to your Admin CP, phpMyAdmin and FTP in the 'Sensitive Data' field."

Sounds like a herculean task ... and how would check which add-on it might be if you don't have an android device, anyway? I mean, even if it did turn out to be an add-on, you'd then have to check every single one to work out which one is causing it, right?

Comment

Best way is to disable them all then turn them on one at a time checking via android device between each one.

Comment

It looks as if it wasn't the add-ons after all - reuploading the default vBulletin files did the trick (or so it seems).

A huge thank you to acwatts for all your help !

Any further thoughts on the e-mail confirmation link issue? Do people who sign up via the app store have any way of knowing that they need to click an activation link?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X