When is it going to be fixed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When is it going to be fixed?

If you use the mobile suite on a forum with people having custom fonts/color in their posts, and it is quoted, the app crashes. In it is current state the app is unusable. It has been like this for two months... having to pay annually and the app not working for two months is unacceptable.

Originally posted by MisterNinja View Post
    If you use the mobile suite on a forum with people having custom fonts/color in their posts, and it is quoted, the app crashes. In it is current state the app is unusable. It has been like this for two months... having to pay annually and the app not working for two months is unacceptable.
    I agree. It has been in an inadequate state for virtually the entire time after release in 2011. It was sold as a hardcore, dedicated effort at providing a mobile solution here. What worries me is that the company abandoned the mobile suite much of the time and now just purchased another solution. Providing another middling release at some point with a few months of use doesn't make up for all of this.
    My law forum, lawyers and legal help site

Comment

Originally posted by slinky View Post
      I agree. It has been in an inadequate state for virtually the entire time after release in 2011. It was sold as a hardcore, dedicated effort at providing a mobile solution here. What worries me is that the company abandoned the mobile suite much of the time and now just purchased another solution. Providing another middling release at some point with a few months of use doesn't make up for all of this.
      Almost 80% of my users have uninstalled the app from the markets. Having to pay annually for this and it not working is such a rip off. To add to that I don't think they are going to reimburse us for downtime..

Comment

When is it going to be fixed?

I agree.
        App gets more buggy with each version. It is a shame to charge for such a alpha version at best!

Comment

Originally posted by MisterNinja View Post
          If you recreate a post from your forum in the testing forum here, do you have the same problem on the vb.com app? Also, is this the iOS app, Android app or both?
          Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
          -
          *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
          - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
          - "Quick Route" Interface...

Comment

Originally posted by Trevor Hannant View Post
            If you recreate a post from your forum in the testing forum here, do you have the same problem on the vb.com app? Also, is this the iOS app, Android app or both?
            It's a known issue, created May 30th: http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBA-331

It has been happening since the last patch, so for a while now.

Comment

Any news on when this will be fixed? I just managed to get the app approved but it keeps crashing because of this bug .

Also, it would be nice if quotation marks in post titles could be displayed as quotation marks, rather than html markup (&quot. I take it the same thing happens for other special characters, too.

Comment

Originally posted by DFC99 View Post
                Any news on when this will be fixed? I just managed to get the app approved but it keeps crashing because of this bug .
                I have completely given up on the vBulletin Mobile Suite. Total silence after Omid disappears from the "new" effort with the vbulletin mobile suite and the extension which has been just words. I don't know if management is just laughing at us, doesn't care or just wants to focus on selling us yet another half done product (VB 5.) I've gotten total silence and a brick wall after multiple tries to get any type of status update the past few months and about 3 more in the past week. They simply don't seem to care at all about customer sites and our own promotional efforts.
                My law forum, lawyers and legal help site

Comment

deleted - posted in wrong thread

Comment

As far as I am aware, the problem is caused by the deprecated HTML used for fonts and colors. Mainly the font and color tags though center creates the issue as well. These cause the Mobile Webkit Browser APIs to crash. Since both Apple and Android use Webkit, it causes the Browser APIs on their phones to crash.

I understand the issue is currently marked as fixed and slated for the 1.4 release. However we're kind of in a catch-22. Mobile 1.4 requires that vBulletin 4.2.1 is released. However we can't release vBulletin 4.2.1 until the Mobile Team says all the API changes they need have been applied. So that is where we stand right now. We're waiting for development and potential API issues in 4.2.1 to be resolved and the 1.4 Mobile Suite to be ready. They're working on it as fast as they can. I know it doesn't sound like much but it is all I have to give at this time.
                    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Thanks a lot for the update, Wayne - great to hear that the issue is marked as fixed for the next release!

Do you happen to know if the homescreen issue will also be addressed in 1.4 (see https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/show...bout-new-posts )? That is currently the major problem with the app (apart from the crashes), and really detrimental to usability.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X