1.3 and I don´t see complete posts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why the app of this forum work fine and the app of my forum don't work?
    I write from app and i see complete post

Comment

reported problem Wed 13th Jun '12 11:29pm -> Wed 11th Jul= 1 month and all is silent
      99$ cash. renewal bye bye

Comment

Silence... Only silence...

Comment

Trevor said the fix is in 4.2.1 which I imagine is not too far away.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
          MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.4 Demo
          AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

Originally posted by Mark.B View Post
            Trevor said the fix is in 4.2.1 which I imagine is not too far away.
            Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
            Time is money, Mark. The money pre-paid for work on the Mobile Suite wasn't optional as "if we get around to it." The deal was "this is our best mobile effort for a year." The longer we wait means no return and another maintenance fee. The extension was worthless and nobody has even commented on it for months. My man... even you're using Forum Runner to post here and not the Mobile Suite!!!
            My law forum, lawyers and legal help site

Comment

Originally posted by slinky View Post
              Time is money, Mark. The money pre-paid for work on the Mobile Suite wasn't optional as "if we get around to it." The deal was "this is our best mobile effort for a year." The longer we wait means no return and another maintenance fee. The extension was worthless and nobody has even commented on it for months. My man... even you're using Forum Runner to post here and not the Mobile Suite!!!
              Well I'm currently using Chrome web browser. I have the Forum Runner auto sig set so you can tell when I'm using that.

I have lately gravitated to Forum Runner on mobile simply because it's installed on my site and it helps me to answer support questions on my site about how to use it. I need to learn it.

However I have used the mobile app, and also the mobile style, on many occasions.

From an end user perspective "it largely works", I couldn't pick out a significant failure on it as an end user, other than perhaps some people like Push notifications, but the free apps don't always score too highly there either.

I'm not trying to say "yes this is wonderful", I couldn't because I don't use the app as a site owner, only as an end user (but that's only because I cannot afford it as a hobby site - I would gladly try it out otherwise). I'm just trying to provide honest *end user* feedback which is - it's ok. Maybe I'm not the best person to judge, I dunno. I'm not saying I'm right and you're wrong, it's just -a view.
              MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.4 Demo
              AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

Originally posted by Mark.B View Post
                From an end user perspective "it largely works", I couldn't pick out a significant failure on it as an end user, other than perhaps some people like Push notifications, but the free apps don't always score too highly there either.

I'm not trying to say "yes this is wonderful", I couldn't because I don't use the app as a site owner, only as an end user (but that's only because I cannot afford it as a hobby site - I would gladly try it out otherwise). I'm just trying to provide honest *end user* feedback which is - it's ok. Maybe I'm not the best person to judge, I dunno. I'm not saying I'm right and you're wrong, it's just -a view.
                Mark... I respect what you're trying to say. And maybe I'll say it for you, since several others just like to pretend we aren't rational, all just haters, always criticizing and nothing positive to say...

It's almost impossible to promote this app when users already see and have used other mobile apps which are light years ahead and quite stable. This is because those apps get continuous development and improvement. You do your site a major disservice trying to push current users and new users to use this app when the amazing Tapatalk app and also Forum Runner are available which many have seen and provide a much better user experience. Even the mobile skin here (after I spent time cleaning it up a lot) are a noticeably better user experience than this app.

I bought several licenses last year and wanted to do some major promotion. Adrian is a super nice guy and he seemed to have best of intentions when he sold us all on the future of this app. But a couple of months after the company collected the money, he and Fabian left, the development slowed and then stopped altogether. I think there was a 6 month gap between releases, maybe more, don't recall. For long periods there were significant problems. So after all this they made a huge to do about specifically hiring Omid who would bring us something great very shortly without paying another fee, details to be provided. Over the next several months, same story again - nothing at all, no news, ignoring all polite requests for a kind update. The three month extension - same thing. All we've seen in many months is a quick stop gap fix just to have the app begin to work again.

Mark, I waited a long time to promote this product that was supposed to be the best mobile effort IB was making. Read the forum. I really don't know why nobody at the company hasn't even responded at all. Not the courtesy of answering reasonable questions or to help us sell the app as a great product that we're proud of to use on our sites. I can't answer that.
                My law forum, lawyers and legal help site

Comment