Frustrated: You've changed the process

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frustrated: You've changed the process

I complained before that there were no "upgrade instructions." I made my own. Now you've changed the entire process eliminating the command line instead complicating and lengthening the process by having us go online to complete it. I'll say it again. PLEASE GIVE US UPGRADE INSTRUCTIONS. Now I have to go through the new installation guide and figure out how to upgrade.

Is their a link to the old app guide?

Process for upgrading the same only thing different is way you sign app...

So you still login to iTunesConnect and hit add version and enter the info it request.... Then you still click on ready upload..... Then you still use Application Loader to upload it....

Its just now you sign a different/easier way......
    ------------------------------------------
    Steve
    DM Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)
    CN Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)
    TheFaFClan Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)
    Audi Spirit Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)

Comment

Thanks, I'll try it next time. I was able to sign my app using Terminal as before. I just borrowed the entitlements.template and resign.sh from 1.2.0 and extracted my app from the Payload folder.

Comment

I agree it is frustrating there are no simple instructions for upgrading.
        Does anyone have clear instructions please?

- - - Updated - - -

What or where is the payload folder please?

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by worried View Post
        I complained before that there were no "upgrade instructions." I made my own. Now you've changed the entire process eliminating the command line instead complicating and lengthening the process by having us go online to complete it. I'll say it again. PLEASE GIVE US UPGRADE INSTRUCTIONS. Now I have to go through the new installation guide and figure out how to upgrade.

Is their a link to the old app guide?
        What do you mean 'go online'?

Comment

What do you mean 'go online'?
          You'll go to vB's site and resign your app. You're probably better off using the new instructions guide. I think you jump down to the part about resigning your app. If you do it the old way, uncompress the file you downloaded and look for a "Payload" folder.

Comment

Instructions are in the 'documentation.html' file within the ZIP file you download - the only parts you don't need to do are the signing up to Apple etc.
            Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
            -
            *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
            - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
            - "Quick Route" Interface...

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X