Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Home" only seems to show new threads. What about new posts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DFC99
    replied
    As one of my mods said today, "I checked out the mobile app today and it took me right to the forum page....no home page or new posts showed up unless I linked to them. Three times getting into it and three different start pages even though I exited off the forum page each time. I'm no genius about these things though so maybe that's how it works?"

I've raised the issue again - you can vote and watch here: http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBI-816

Leave a comment:

• orangeade

• orangeade
    replied
    I think it just shows new threads in chronological order bizarelly with the newest at the bottom. New posts from older threads are not displayed, so it's just not representative of what's going on in the community.

Even though I have my app installed on my iPhone I rarely use it because I can't see what the hell's going on.

Leave a comment:

• DFC99
    replied
    Is there any method to this madness? I thought it was just me who keeps getting a seemingly random selection of threads in no particular order on the Home Screen, but obviously not... I so hope this will be fixed asap ... In order to see the latest posts, you have to click on "All Content", then make a choice between "Forums" and non-existent "Blogs", and only then can you see the latest activity... this is really frustrating. I don't understand how the "Top" threads are selected, either (the order again appears quite random, and number of posts within a thread only seems to be one factor in whatever algorithm is being used).

Leave a comment:

• worried

• worried
    replied
    I agree with this. I was thinking there was a problem but this post makes me realize why old threads are pushed to the top.

Leave a comment:

• orangeade

• orangeade
    replied
    It's still the same in 1.3. You guys are doing a brilliant job, but to be honest this isssue is the MAIN criticism I have of this app. Unless you regularly get lots of new topics then your app homepage looks pretty stagnant (as does mine). People post replies to older topics on my forum all the time, but everytime I go to the app it just seems that nothing is going on. It also doesn't help that the new topics are displayed in any old random order (newest at the bottom?!?!) The only way to find replies to topics that have dropped off the homepage is to randomly browse through the forums and try your luck.

In my view this problem severely restricts the usefulness of the app because it's just impossible to see all activity and navigate to new content. This, plus the lack of push notifications is a real shame.

I really hope that these 2 issues are at the absolute top of the to-do list for the next release of Mobile Suite.

Leave a comment:

• Trevor Hannant
    vBulletin Support

• Trevor Hannant
    replied
    1.3 is the next release which will be out very soon - I don't' know what's currently planned for the following versions at the moment I'm afraid.

Leave a comment:

• orangeade

• orangeade
    replied
    Yes it's a bit silly. So were stuck with this for now?

Shame - it's really confusing.

Leave a comment:

• Trevor Hannant
    vBulletin Support

• Trevor Hannant
    replied
    As I replied to an earlier thread, the order on mine appears a little random rather than in a particular order. I know Omid is looking at changing how the Home screen works but this won't be in 1.3 (which should be out soon...)

Leave a comment:

• orangeade

• "Home" only seems to show new threads. What about new posts?

"Home" only seems to show new threads. What about new posts? Can I make it show new posts instead of threads? If not then users will not see replies to older discussions.

Also, why doesn't it put the latest material at the top. It's very confusing. There doesn't seem to be an order.