Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Registering for forum via mobile app. No email verification sent?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Registering for forum via mobile app. No email verification sent?

We are user testing prior to launch and find that if you Register for the forum using either the iPhone or Android app, that the email verification is not sent to the new member's email address. The new member can login however but does not have permission to view or do anything.

Reading through other threads on the vBulletin forum I see that many people prefer to Register and use the various customer forum only using their mobiles. So we will not stop Registering via mobile app.

I do not want to disable email verification, how can this be rectified?

Many thanks . . . Richy

weird cause I don't have this issue I have email verification on and users are getting emails.....
    ------------------------------------------
    Steve
    DM Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)
    CN Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)
    TheFaFClan Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)
    Audi Spirit Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)

Comment

Originally posted by Richy View Post
      We are user testing prior to launch and find that if you Register for the forum using either the iPhone or Android app, that the email verification is not sent to the new member's email address. The new member can login however but does not have permission to view or do anything.

Reading through other threads on the vBulletin forum I see that many people prefer to Register and use the various customer forum only using their mobiles. So we will not stop Registering via mobile app.

I do not want to disable email verification, how can this be rectified?

Many thanks . . . Richy
      Richy, we're also experiencing the same issue.

Comment

Are emails being sent via regular registration? Are you logging the emails that vBulletin sends under Settings -> Options -> Error Handling and Logging -> Log Emails to a File.

Are you using sendmail with the -F Parameter or SMTP?

If you're logging this are the emails written to that file and still not received?
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
        Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
          Are emails being sent via regular registration? Are you logging the emails that vBulletin sends under Settings -> Options -> Error Handling and Logging -> Log Emails to a File.

Are you using sendmail with the -F Parameter or SMTP?

If you're logging this are the emails written to that file and still not received?
          I don't think we are sending mail with the -F Parameter or SMTP. I just checked "Log Emails to a file" and nothing is in the text box directly to the right. I hope this helps!

Comment

You would need to log your outgoing emails to see if there is a problem with the software.

Wayne Luke

Comment

I have found that the verification emails started coming through after approx 48 hours, with one email taking a week to b received. Very strange!

Comment

Originally posted by Richy View Post
                I have found that the verification emails started coming through after approx 48 hours, with one email taking a week to b received. Very strange!
                Not unusual on a server that has a busy sendmail server for some reason.

Wayne Luke

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X