Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mobile Premium Style - grid/login does not work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mobile Premium Style - grid/login does not work?

I updated vbulletin on www.99nicu.org today, from 4.1.7 to 4.1.10

As I own the mobile suite, I decided to use the Premium style.
    1. I deleted the old Mobile style in the style manager
    2. Downloaded the Premium Mobile style-file from vbulletin.com
    3. Installed it according to instructions in the manual

Problems:
    1. As I remember it, the regular Mobile style auto.detected a mobile browser. Now, the site displays in full on my iphone.
    2. After choosing the "mobile premium style" on 99nicu.org manually, the login-form does not show up
    3.Being logged (from the full site, and then switch to mobile style), the grid menu does not show up.

How could I resolve these issues?

Are you in private browsing mode? If so, you need to clear the history and cache of your device. One would think that Private Browsing mode would not maintain a history and cache but Safari on iOS does.

Is Javascript Enabled? The Mobile Styles are highly reliant on Javascript and require it to be enabled on the device to function properly.

Looking at your site in Firefox 10 and iOS 5's version of Safari on my iPad, I cannot recreate the issues you are talking about. The login, registration and grid menus all work properly.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

I think I found out before you posted your reply.

In Settings/Options/Style&languages:
      I had not specified "default style for mobile browsers, when I set it to the Mobile style, it all seems to work.

Comment

That's got to be a bug surely, you should not have to force users to use the mobile style to get it working. Not all users want to use it on their phones. Now I know why my grid menu was not working, you have to enable the mobile style for mobile phone users. ?????

Comment

Originally posted by acwatts View Post
          That's got to be a bug surely, you should not have to force users to use the mobile style to get it working. Not all users want to use it on their phones. Now I know why my grid menu was not working, you have to enable the mobile style for mobile phone users. ?????
          Actually you don’t have to, as long as you have the “Allow Users To Change Styles” radio button set to yes, your members are free to what ever style they so choose to. Then you can set whatever you want for mobile users, you can leave it at the default.
          Demolition Forum - Forum Blog - Personal Blog

Comment

Originally posted by demojames View Post
            Actually you don’t have to, as long as you have the “Allow Users To Change Styles” radio button set to yes, your members are free to what ever style they so choose to. Then you can set whatever you want for mobile users, you can leave it at the default.
            I have tried that and as said above my grid menu does not work. If you enable the option for mobile phones to use the mobile style the grid menu works all of a sudden. ??

Comment

There is a stupid check in the grid menu (mobile.php) to see if the style being viewed is the same as whats set in Settings->Options->Style & Language as the mobile style.
              If you have not set that to be the mobile style and try to use the grid menu it will redirect to the homepage rather then show the menu.

Comment

Originally posted by ZeroHour View Post
                There is a stupid check in the grid menu (mobile.php) to see if the style being viewed is the same as whats set in Settings->Options->Style & Language as the mobile style.
                If you have not set that to be the mobile style and try to use the grid menu it will redirect to the homepage rather then show the menu.
                You should report this as a bug then. It should take into account a chosen theme.

Wayne Luke

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
                  You should report this as a bug then. It should take into account a chosen theme.
                  Its not a bug, it has literally been coded that way (probably because the template used for the grid doesnt exist in the master which causes issues)

mobile.php
                  Code:
                  if ($vbulletin->userinfo['styleid'] != $vbulletin->options['mobilestyleid_advanced']    AND $vbulletin->userinfo['styleid'] != $vbulletin->options['mobilestyleid_basic'])
                  {
                     exec_header_redirect($vbulletin->options['bburl']);
                  }
                  A better way was for the MASTER style to have a blank template for the grid menu that redirects to the homepage with a meta refresh etc.
                  When I am testing the mobile style I just comment out the exec_header part to redirect and it works.

Comment

Originally posted by ZeroHour View Post
                    Its not a bug, it has literally been coded that way (probably because the template used for the grid doesnt exist in the master which causes issues)

mobile.php
                    Code:
                    if ($vbulletin->userinfo['styleid'] != $vbulletin->options['mobilestyleid_advanced']    AND $vbulletin->userinfo['styleid'] != $vbulletin->options['mobilestyleid_basic'])
                    {
                       exec_header_redirect($vbulletin->options['bburl']);
                    }
                    A better way was for the MASTER style to have a blank template for the grid menu that redirects to the homepage with a meta refresh etc.
                    When I am testing the mobile style I just comment out the exec_header part to redirect and it works.
                    I'd still consider it a bug because if you switch to the mobile style manually, it doesn't work.

Wayne Luke

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X