• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On Bright Side - App on Blackberry :)

Playing around I got two of my apps on Blackberry

------------------------------------------
    Steve
    DM Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)
    CN Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)
    TheFaFClan Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)
    Audi Spirit Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)

Originally posted by SteveLV702 View Post
    Playing around I got two of my apps on Blackberry

Is that custom made using vbulletin api? Its a bit similar to android app

Comment

On Bright Side - App on Blackberry

No not custom it's the Android App running on blackberry...
      Steve

Comment

Don't suppose it will run on a BlackBerry phone will it? or is it just the tablet it will run on?

Would be great if it could run on a BlackBerry phone, my members would be very happy with that.

Comment

well my Blackberry phone is from stone age so to old to even try (doesn't support App World) but if ya wanna send me a Blackberry Phone ill get it to work
          Steve

Comment

Actually I could do that!! if you want to change the screen on one of them! I have one fully functional but the screen is crack and the other totally dead but the screen works.

Or

Give me a rough idea on how I would do it (I have the Android files for my forum) and I could give it a go on my functioning BlackBerry

Comment

Originally posted by ComputerModding View Post
              Actually I could do that!! if you want to change the screen on one of them! I have one fully functional but the screen is crack and the other totally dead but the screen works.
              Are they the same model ? like could I take the screen from the dead one and put it on the working one?

Give me a rough idea on how I would do it (I have the Android files for my forum) and I could give it a go on my functioning BlackBerry
              um ya I can't release my trade secret plus its like a 10 hour process thats not even including the full day it took just to download the necessary files
              Steve

Comment

Yeah they are the same model.

10 hours!!! don't think my members would be interested then! why so long?

Comment

Yeah they are the same model.

10 hours!!! don't think my members would be interested then! why so long?
                  no members would download in seconds from App World........ It takes me that long to convert it to work on Blackberry
                  Steve

Comment

sorry ComputerModding looked around did some research and looks as of right now only going to be available on Blackberry Playbook (Tablet) and only in the upcoming Blackberry OS 2.0 as app won't run in existing Blackberry OS 1.X....

Hopefully in the near future they add support for phones...... As soon as it lets me login to the Blackberry Developer Forums ill ask...

TheFaFClan Mobile = http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...83044/?lang=en

Console Network Mobile = http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...83041/?lang=en
                    Last edited by SteveLV702; Mon 6 Feb '12, 4:58am.
                    Steve

Comment

Originally posted by SteveLV702 View Post
                      sorry ComputerModding looked around did some research and looks as of right now only going to be available on Blackberry Playbook (Tablet) and only in the upcoming Blackberry OS 2.0 as app won't run in existing Blackberry OS 1.X....

Hopefully in the near future they add support for phones...... As soon as it lets me login to the Blackberry Developer Forums ill ask...

TheFaFClan Mobile = http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...83044/?lang=en

Console Network Mobile = http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...83041/?lang=en
                      So did you just upload the apk file to Blackberry Developer or did you have to work your magic to the files to get it to work? I am not intrested in getting it to work on all BB. Just the new ones that support apps. Over time all the old non app supporting BB will phase out.

Comment

Originally posted by Huskermax View Post
                        So did you just upload the apk file to Blackberry Developer or did you have to work your magic to the files to get it to work? I am not intrested in getting it to work on all BB. Just the new ones that support apps. Over time all the old non app supporting BB will phase out.

No had to us Blackberry SDK to modify it package it into a .bar file and upload that to Blackberry........

Currently only available on Blackberry Playbook OS 2.0 but will available soon on phones via BB10.
                        Steve

Comment

We’re pleased to inform you that your app submission qualifies for the free BlackBerry PlayBook tablet offer.
                          To receive your BlackBerry PlayBook tablet, there is one additional requirement. Please complete the shipping information requested here.
                          You’ll receive notification when your BlackBerry PlayBook tablet is about to ship. Thanks for the time and effort you’ve invested in creating an app and participating in this offer. Good luck in your app development pursuits!

Warm regards,

The BlackBerry Developer Program team

P.S. You are welcome to submit multiple entries for consideration, but only one BlackBerry PlayBook tablet will be awarded per registered vendor in BlackBerry App World.
                          The order for your BlackBerry PlayBook tablet is now being processed and we expect to ship the unit to you within the next 72 hours.
                          We’re fairly certain that you’re looking forward to putting this new tablet through its paces and finding out exactly what it can do. Likewise, we are also eager to get it into your hands so you can see your app in action, and try out the many features.
                          As soon as your order ships, we will notify you and send the tracking number for reference.

Warm regards,

The BlackBerry Developer Program team
                          Bomb diggity! See that Vbulletin Mobile Suite did pay off.

Um... You did submit the app to get the Playbook right?
                          www.cricketusers.com - Cricket Wireless Users Forum

Comment

Originally posted by chrisngrod View Post
                            Bomb diggity! See that Vbulletin Mobile Suite did pay off.

Ya I got that email over 192 hours ago and still haven't received tracking number
                            Steve

Comment

Chrisngrod so does that mean your glad I posted this ?
                              Steve

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X