replied
    For those where avatars are not working, are they:

- stored in the DB or filesystem?
    - what modifications are you running?
    - are you running vBSEO?

Leave a comment:

• acwatts
    replied

Last edited by acwatts; Sat 11th Feb '12, 1:25am.

Leave a comment:

• CEO254
    replied
    Originally posted by rJmJr69 View Post
    avatars and ads still not working

Same for me.....this is completely ridiculous.

Leave a comment:

• rJmJr69
    replied
    avatars and ads still not working

Leave a comment:

• acwatts
    replied
    Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
    Is this in 1.1.2 or 1.1.3?
    In 1.1.3

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Originally posted by acwatts View Post
    Update: I disabled all plugins and it works fine. I just started going through them and so far it seems that it's Dragonbytes posts/thanks modification that is causing the app to fail on threads with ten or more posts.

Getting loads of connection error messages though even when using my wifi connection.
    Is this in 1.1.2 or 1.1.3?

Leave a comment:

• acwatts
    replied
    Update: I disabled all plugins and it works fine. I just started going through them and so far it seems that it's Dragonbytes posts/thanks modification that is causing the app to fail on threads with ten or more posts.

Getting loads of connection error messages though even when using my wifi connection.
    Last edited by acwatts; Fri 10th Feb '12, 2:32am.

Leave a comment:

• acwatts
    replied
    Originally posted by fferre View Post
    Obviously, but android application crashs with almost all threads, but not with all.
    Why dont you try to find the difference between those threads that can be seen and those that crash and remove this difference (value or data) on api.php interface?
    On my forum it's crashing on threads with ten or more posts.
    Last edited by acwatts; Fri 10th Feb '12, 1:08am.

Leave a comment:

• fferre
    replied
    No. Unfortunately we have to wait for the development team to release a new version and for it to go through QA. We really can't suggest workarounds for a compiled app.
    Obviously, but android application crashs with almost all threads, but not with all.
    Why dont you try to find the difference between those threads that can be seen and those that crash and remove this difference (value or data) on api.php interface?

Leave a comment:

• fferre
    replied
    Originally posted by acwatts View Post
    Welcome to the club, some of us have been waiting months for a fix already. Now I know what a drug addict feels like when going cold turkey.

Who does the QA, not Stevie wonder by chance is it.
    I see, I replied before reading the whole thread.

Leave a comment:

• acwatts
    replied
    Originally posted by fferre View Post
    I have exactly the same problem
    Iphone is working ok

Does anybody know a solution?
    thanks
    Welcome to the club, some of us have been waiting months for a fix already. Now I know what a drug addict feels like when going cold turkey.

No. Unfortunately we have to wait for the development team to release a new version and for it to go through QA. We really can't suggest workarounds for a compiled app.
    Who does the QA, not Stevie wonder by chance is it.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied

Leave a comment:

• fferre
    replied
    Originally posted by deschutes View Post
    Early reports from my Android users are that they are getting an error when using the Android app:

process.com.vbulletin.build_207 has stopped unexpectedly

I just upgraded to vB 4.1.1 last night, and had never heard of any such errors before that.

Any thoughts?
    I have exactly the same problem
    Iphone is working ok

Does anybody know a solution?
    thanks

Leave a comment:

• arvid
    replied
    Is it related to this issue? http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBA-257

Leave a comment:

• slinky
    replied
    Originally posted by Trevor Hannant View Post
    There's a number of CMS fixes coming in 4.1.11. I also know Allen is very aware of other work needing to be done on it (probably because I've been jumping up and down like a petulant schoolkid at times trying to get others added! ) but I don't have
    a scheduling for those yet.
    Trevor - if you, Allen, Anders and the support team were given autonomous reign here years ago (or even today which you unfortunately don't have), this product would have been fantastic. What's disappointing is that these "fixes" seem like huge strides given that the usual expectation is so low, even with these paid plugins. Even the promises of vaporware here at VB are no longer as good as the real product put out elsewhere.

You know that we have hit rock bottom when management can't even come out and say they will do right regarding this fiasco and extend user licenses and make sure to make up for the delays and complete zero we saw here for months, leaving sites with broken mobile solutions. We are months past the warning point and many weeks past that unnecessary survey. The conclusion is "if we don't say anything, we won't be on the hook to provide the customer anything." And that's it in a nutshell these past 3 years - a fear of committing to even the lowest set of expectations.

EDIT: The mobile app solutions has two non-vbsi alternatives that work well. I'm spending my own time and money to complete the mobile skin so it includes user registration piece and a few other features. I'm doing so because if I don't, it's about having no knowledge of when a solution might arrive and no commitment to making sure the product stays working. I would have loved to work with you guys and am all ears how to make that possible - but I think it is beyond your control, unfortunately.
    Last edited by slinky; Sun 29th Jan '12, 12:00pm.

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X