Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Android App Fail After 4.1.1 Upgrade

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
    The best thing would be to open JIRA issues with crash reports attached.
    Thank you Wayne I will do that now.
    Founder of Accord Owners Club UK AOCUK

    Comment


    • #18
      Originally posted by Trevor Hannant View Post
      Our new mobile team will have updates to the apps out very soon
      Hopefully they wont be as lazy as the last group.
      <signature removed by staff>

      Comment


      • #19
        Originally posted by CEO254 View Post
        Hopefully they wont be as lazy as the last group.
        The last group wasn't lazy. We had the unfortunate circumstance of contracts ending, one person moving on to a different company and the other being moved to a different product all at the same time.. Hopefully we have taken the appropriate steps to prevent this from happening in the future. Now that the new team is getting up to speed, we should be able to handle this a lot better.
        Translations provided by Google.

        Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
        Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

        Comment


        • #20
          Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
          The last group wasn't lazy. We had the unfortunate circumstance of contracts ending, one person moving on to a different company and the other being moved to a different product all at the same time.. Hopefully we have taken the appropriate steps to prevent this from happening in the future. Now that the new team is getting up to speed, we should be able to handle this a lot better.
          You're right and as usual we customers are sorry for the support staff. Your wealthy executive management was either lazy, inept beyond credibility or simply didn't care about the fact that the customers pre-paid for all of this to be handled - and you're asking for another handout in 3 months. Apparently nobody in executive management:

          (a) was aware or cared that an essential contractor's agreement was ending;
          (b) bothered to have a competent replacement hired in advance or within any reasonable time subsequent to termination.

          VBSI has yet again added to its reputation that management couldn't care less about providing value when all revenues have been collected. Instead of fixing the problem the company sends out a customer survey trying to determine how many customers are aware of how neglected the "premium" mobile apps are and whether you'll have a path of least resistance when you come with your hand out for another year's pre-paid licensing.

          So for the umpteenth time - where is the General Manager? Once again - who, if anyone, is in charge here? I hear about accountability and that's a comedy. If management had actually listened to me long ago (instead of getting major lip from some other "management" personnel) they might have been able to repair this now horrendous reputation. VBSI is in a position where virtually nobody will believe your next extreme marketing effort without giving a pound and a half to customers to make up for not even delivering the pound of service that was PRE-paid for. Yet again. And again.
          My law forum, lawyers and legal help site

          Comment


          • #21
            Wayne - for the record, I own several copies of this premium mobile junk. I've never even had opportunity to use it because all the promised enhancements, functionality and fixes never really came to fruition. I never thought that at this time we'd be in a far worse position now instead of a period of reasonable maturity and ready to launch something big.

            Would it be possible to trade one of these licenses in for one or two copies of the Facebook Application? That's no money out of the company's pocket and they should be giving us more "value" given the failure to provide any for that pre-paid cash.

            Nobody likes to be treated like a free bank and a doormat. It's about time the company actually did something for the customers instead of empty apologies by people running around with Superman avatars and doing nothing about it except telling us to move on and forget the pre-paid past. If management wants to make it up to customers, let them start now or be held accountable when it comes time to sell something again.
            My law forum, lawyers and legal help site

            Comment


            • #22
              Originally posted by slinky View Post
              Would it be possible to trade one of these licenses in for one or two copies of the Facebook Application? That's no money out of the company's pocket and they should be giving us more "value" given the failure to provide any for that pre-paid cash.
              This isn't something I can answer. You need to open a ticket and contact sales about this.
              Translations provided by Google.

              Wayne Luke
              The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
              vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
              Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

              Comment


              • #23
                Guys I am a new customer to VB and an sing thier praises and also flame them for lack of customer focus or innovation. I am too frustrated at the levels of issues but I take them as challenges and irritants. My personal take by openly slating VB will not make issue resolved any quicker than it already is. Wayne has already stated the reasons and reading between the lines VB are actively addressing these shortcomings.

                However VB please don't drag this any further patience will run dry and you may have a mutiny on your hands.please throw all the resources possible at this to take the heat out of the situation.
                Last edited by Honda Accord; Thu 26th Jan '12, 3:49pm.
                Founder of Accord Owners Club UK AOCUK

                Comment


                • #24
                  Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
                  This isn't something I can answer. You need to open a ticket and contact sales about this.
                  Wayne thanks for the response. Unfortunately I just remembered about the inherent privacy problems our sites have with the Facebook App which was designed to have vBulletin receive our customer data and be part of the vBulletin network. Unfortunately not an option.

                  Originally posted by Honda Accord View Post
                  Guys I am a new customer to VB and an sing thier praises and also flame them for lack of customer focus or innovation. I am too frustrated at the levels of issues but I take them as challenges and irritants. My personal take by openly slating VB will not make issue resolved any quicker than it already is. Wayne has already stated the reasons and reading between the lines VB are actively addressing these shortcomings. However VB please don't drag this any further patience will run dry and you may have a mutiny on your hands.please throw all the resources possible at this to take the heat out of the situation.
                  Honda Accord - I see you're new. FYI, mutiny and desertion happened a long time ago. The support staff and developers are doing everything they can and seem to care. Management is a whole different story. If they wanted to do anything they could have been up front months ago and committed to the customers in writing that they would make good. Instead we received a survey to determine how many customers were paying attention and figuring out whether economically they could avoid simply doing the right thing for everyone, even those not currently aware that the apps they bought don't work.

                  It has been 2 years since the VB CMS has been released. They have done nothing since then and not even committed that the product will made to work properly in VB 4. Myself and most I know had to use another CMS and create our own solutions and there won't be any desire nor need to consider a VB solution if it ever comes out. With the mobile app, I'm just about finished with my mobile registration that will make it simple to register for our site on any mobile device. With a little enhancement to Dartho's solution there will be no need for the mobile app at all.
                  My law forum, lawyers and legal help site

                  Comment


                  • #25
                    Originally posted by slinky View Post
                    It has been 2 years since the VB CMS has been released. They have done nothing since then and not even committed that the product will made to work properly in VB 4. Myself and most I know had to use another CMS and create our own solutions and there won't be any desire nor need to consider a VB solution if it ever comes out.
                    There's a number of CMS fixes coming in 4.1.11. I also know Allen is very aware of other work needing to be done on it (probably because I've been jumping up and down like a petulant schoolkid at times trying to get others added! ) but I don't have
                    a scheduling for those yet.
                    Vote for:

                    - *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
                    -
                    *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
                    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
                    - Highlight the correct navigation tab when you are on a custom page
                    - "Quick Route" Interface...
                    - Allow to use custom icons for individual forums

                    Comment


                    • #26
                      Originally posted by Trevor Hannant View Post
                      There's a number of CMS fixes coming in 4.1.11. I also know Allen is very aware of other work needing to be done on it (probably because I've been jumping up and down like a petulant schoolkid at times trying to get others added! ) but I don't have
                      a scheduling for those yet.
                      Trevor - if you, Allen, Anders and the support team were given autonomous reign here years ago (or even today which you unfortunately don't have), this product would have been fantastic. What's disappointing is that these "fixes" seem like huge strides given that the usual expectation is so low, even with these paid plugins. Even the promises of vaporware here at VB are no longer as good as the real product put out elsewhere.

                      You know that we have hit rock bottom when management can't even come out and say they will do right regarding this fiasco and extend user licenses and make sure to make up for the delays and complete zero we saw here for months, leaving sites with broken mobile solutions. We are months past the warning point and many weeks past that unnecessary survey. The conclusion is "if we don't say anything, we won't be on the hook to provide the customer anything." And that's it in a nutshell these past 3 years - a fear of committing to even the lowest set of expectations.

                      EDIT: The mobile app solutions has two non-vbsi alternatives that work well. I'm spending my own time and money to complete the mobile skin so it includes user registration piece and a few other features. I'm doing so because if I don't, it's about having no knowledge of when a solution might arrive and no commitment to making sure the product stays working. I would have loved to work with you guys and am all ears how to make that possible - but I think it is beyond your control, unfortunately.
                      Last edited by slinky; Sun 29th Jan '12, 12:00pm.
                      My law forum, lawyers and legal help site

                      Comment


                      • #27
                        Is it related to this issue? http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBA-257

                        Comment


                        • #28
                          Originally posted by deschutes View Post
                          Early reports from my Android users are that they are getting an error when using the Android app:

                          process.com.vbulletin.build_207 has stopped unexpectedly

                          I just upgraded to vB 4.1.1 last night, and had never heard of any such errors before that.

                          Any thoughts?
                          I have exactly the same problem
                          Iphone is working ok

                          Does anybody know a solution?
                          thanks

                          Comment


                          • #29
                            No. Unfortunately we have to wait for the development team to release a new version and for it to go through QA. We really can't suggest workarounds for a compiled app.
                            Translations provided by Google.

                            Wayne Luke
                            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                            vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
                            Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

                            Comment


                            • #30
                              Originally posted by fferre View Post
                              I have exactly the same problem
                              Iphone is working ok

                              Does anybody know a solution?
                              thanks
                              Welcome to the club, some of us have been waiting months for a fix already. Now I know what a drug addict feels like when going cold turkey.

                              Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
                              No. Unfortunately we have to wait for the development team to release a new version and for it to go through QA. We really can't suggest workarounds for a compiled app.
                              Who does the QA, not Stevie wonder by chance is it.

                              Comment

                              widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X