Buttons not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buttons not working

Recent iOS app (1.5). All the black buttons at the lower edge of the screens do not work. There is simply no reaction when touched.
    With that bug it is not possible to answer posts or subscribe threads.

Also this bug is a showstopper, it does not allow us to roll out the new version we would need urgently.

Is this an actual bug? I was hoping to update our apps to the latest version but there wouldn't be much point if the above is correct? Can anyone else confirm please?

Comment

What device(s) are you getting this one?

Comment

We have tested our app (downloaded from the publisher and signed with an Ad-HOC mobile provision) with all iPhone models available using iOS 6 and iOS 7. All of them unfortunately show the same error.

Comment

I'll hold off updating our apps until this is resolved then

Comment

I cannot recreate this on my device. I am using iOS7 and vBulletin Mobile 1.5. Do you have Control Center enabled in Apps? Make sure you're not dragging it up and covering the buttons but not activating it completely. I've done that on a few things now.
            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
            vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
            I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
              I cannot recreate this on my device. I am using iOS7 and vBulletin Mobile 1.5. Do you have Control Center enabled in Apps? Make sure you're not dragging it up and covering the buttons but not activating it completely. I've done that on a few things now.

Since we've tested it with several devices (because we couldn't believe that error ourself) it is very unlikely that some device problem is the reason for it. Also iOS6 has no control center and it does not work with iOS6 either.

I'll upload the .ipa file we downloaded from the publisher into our support ticket. Maybe you can find someone to sign it with your developer or ad-hoc key and try it yourself.

EDIT: Unfortunatelly there is no upload possibility in your ticket system. How can I send you our app for testing?
              Last edited by wmtech; Fri 4th Oct '13, 5:13pm.

Comment

You can create a JIRA entry for this, so the issue could be easily assigned to a dev.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominic View Post
                  You can create a JIRA entry for this, so the issue could be easily assigned to a dev.
                  JIRA has been created several days ago. Our .ipa file has been sent to support. Hopefully we can get this sorted out soon.

Comment

This issue (and it's support ticket) is now more than 1 week old. When can I expect to get answers for our problem? At least if you are able to recreate and confirm it?

This is a showstopper issue, we cannot publish the app without a solution.

Comment

Did you manage to get this resolved/get a response for this yet wmtech?

Comment

Originally posted by Kamran View Post
                        Did you manage to get this resolved/get a response for this yet wmtech?
                        No, unfortunatelly not. No answer to the support ticket since a long time. The JIRA entry I made Oct. 1 hasn't even been read (last time a developer did something in JIRA was Sept. 25). The .ipa file I sent Oct. 4 (which could easily be signed and checked by a developer) was not even downloaded.

Currently it is not recommended to use the iOS app for forums running vB3/4.

The Android app however works fine. We've released it Oct. 1 and got no complaints until now.
                        Last edited by wmtech; Mon 14th Oct '13, 11:17pm.

Comment

I can't really update our Android app and not the iOS one as those members will get upset

Can anyone from VB give an update on this please? I'm sure I'm not the only one waiting for this issue to be resolved before updating their app.

Comment

I can't really update our Android app and not the iOS one as those members will get upset

Can anyone from VB give an update on this please? I'm sure I'm not the only one waiting for this issue to be resolved before updating their app.
                            We've also updated Android only.

We re still waiting for any response by vb developers since Oct. 1 (!).

The iOS app is in fact broken when used with a vb3 forum and without advertising. We are totally left in the dark by vb about this issue. It is an issue someone could solve very quickly with access to the source code.

Comment

Can you recreate this issue with the vBulletin.com app? I have not experienced this with any 1.5 Apps that I have tried on my iPhone or iPad.

If you can experience it, then you should create a JIRA so developers can look into it and confirm the issue. Until there is a JIRA created, there will be no progress. Developers do not visit the forum regularly.
                              Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                              The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
                              vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
                              vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
                              I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X