members complaining that the ios app is crashing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• members complaining that the ios app is crashing

Yesterday 2 members contacted me that the ios app suddenly quit working. Then today a few more members started a thread about the broken app.

The android version is working fine. I have made no changes to the forum, server or site set up.

I opened a support ticket about this a few hours ago and am still waiting for a response. Any suggestions?

Are you using Mobile 1.4?
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

I don't know where to find the version number but if you could let me know where to look I can let you know.

It's vb 4.2.1 mobile suite. I always install all the updates so unless I completely missed something it would be the latest versions of everything available for that type of license.

Comment

Well the version of the Mobile Suite and vBulletin are different. When you look at the App in iTunes, what version is displayed?

The iOS app would crash before 1.4 if they user had more than 20 posts per page set in their options. This was fixed in 1.4. If you're not running 1.4, then you need to rebuild your App and redistribute it via the iTunes store to upgrade it.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

1.3, does that mean I missed an update?

Got it, thanks for helping me figure this out. The members are super annoyed.

Comment

Yes, you should update to 1.4, though, I believe apple has made some changes, you might need to wait for 1.5 due to apple policy changes.

Comment

Can you give me an idea when 1.5 will be released? I would like to offer some kind of time frame for a solution to the members.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X