Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XGC Viper XI
    replied
    This thread should be sticky thread as it has very important information.

Leave a comment:

• pokesph
    replied
    BUMP.

Sorry to bump this but I'm wanting to get our mobile apps updated and (re)released. Any progress on what's happening in the builder app with the YT dev data?

Leave a comment:

• pokesph
    replied
    Originally posted by Zachery View Post
    Pokesph, can you elaborate on what you mean?
    Sure.. when I enter the key pair data and cycle through the build process i check it again at the end by hitting edit for that section and the data is no longer there. reenter it, rinse repeat.

so bottom line the key data is not being saved when you enter it and never makes it to the build.

Leave a comment:

• Carbuff
    replied
    Originally posted by SteveLV702
    okay I've did this for all 6 of my apps..... and tested all of them so far only 1 has uploaded a video successfully...... Another one posted the link but when click on youtube link youtube reports no video available... Then the rest just got hung at uploading......
    I haven't been able to upload a video both on my forum and here. Sends me to the browser for a split second and then blank. (Android)

Leave a comment:

• SteveLV702
    replied
    okay I've did this for all 6 of my apps..... and tested all of them so far only 1 has uploaded a video successfully...... Another one posted the link but when click on youtube link youtube reports no video available... Then the rest just got hung at uploading......

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    Pokesph, can you elaborate on what you mean?

Leave a comment:

• pokesph
    replied
    BUMP

The YT API key data is not being saved in both the iOS app and the Android app.

Leave a comment:

• LazyPooky
    replied
    Thanks for explanation.
    Last edited by LazyPooky; Sun 9th Jun '13, 1:42am.

Leave a comment:

• pokesph
    replied
    NOTE: The YT data is not being saved in both the iOS app and the Android app.

Is this an issue?

Suggestions, solutions?
    Last edited by pokesph; Fri 7th Jun '13, 6:53pm.

Leave a comment:

• pokesph
    replied
    Thanks Wayne, thats a BIG help.

we'll hope we can resubmit these app builds after rebuilding them in our members area (i.e. a revision above the current 1.4.0) as most of the time it fails upload if its the same as previous. Any thoughts or comments on that?

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    To set up the necessary YouTube developer items for Mobile Suite 1.4:

1. Goto https://code.google.com/apis/console/
    2. Sign in with a Google account that the customer would like to be associated with their app as a YouTube developer.
    3. Click Create Project
    4. Scroll down to the bottom of the list and flip the switch from Off to On for YouTube Data API v3
    5. Agree to the Terms of Service (YouTube Data API v3 should now be turned on)
    6. On the left side of the page click on API Access.
    7. Click o Create an OAuth 2.0 Client ID (if there is already a client id created, click on Create Another KUBEFJKHWBFJ)
    8. Enter a Product Name, Logo, and URL, this will be displayed in the application when attempting to upload videos. It will show up as something along the lines of "YOURAPP would like to access your Google account to upload videos on your behalf".
    9. Under Client ID Settings, choose "Installed Application", under Installed application type choose "Other", then click on "Create Client ID"
    10. The Client ID and Client Secret will now be available! This must me added to the mobile publisher.

Now to create the YouTube Developer Key:
    1. Goto http://code.google.com/apis/youtube/dashboard/
    2. For the developer registration enter your information, agree to the terms of service and click Register.
    3. Enter a Name for your product (again this is will be the application name, you can also optionally enter a website and description.)
    4. Click Save and you will have a developer key! This must also be added to the mobile publisher.

Leave a comment:

• SteveLV702
    replied
    Okay got it to work here go Go back into Google API Console Delete that Web Application client id you created and now create a new one this time instead of Web Application as the Type choose "Installed Application" then second option choose "Other" now use that Client ID & Secret it Gives you.

Leave a comment:

• pokesph
    replied
    ahh I see.. I agree, I think its best we wait on vB people to explain and clarify this.

Leave a comment:

• LazyPooky
    replied
    I chose the Web application option.
    Like SteveLV702 said, the link/folder/dir to the Authorized Redirect URIs is still unknown (see attachment).
    It's best to wait for vBulletin Support on this so we know for sure what to do.
    Last edited by LazyPooky; Sun 9th Jun '13, 12:52am.

Leave a comment:

• pokesph
    replied
    Originally posted by LazyPooky View Post
    This is what I did:

I used the link below to make a Developer Key
    [cut...]
    I used this link below to turn on the Youtube API service (bottom of the webpage)
    Google apis:
    https://code.google.com/apis/console -> Services
    and the API Access link to create an OAuth 2.0 client ID and Secret.

I faced one problem:
    Now in that first step to create an OAuth 2.0 client ID and Secret there is a field "Product logo:" where you can add a picture. I did that, and now it gives me an error in one of the steps to create an app for the iPhone and I can't continu because ofthat error message because it took away the save and continu button on the bottom of the page.
    [cut...]
    So EXACTLY how did you do the OAuth2.0 setup?

in the 3rd step i see:
    Android Learn more API requests are sent directly to Google from your clients' Android devices. Google verifies that each request originates from an Android application that matches the package name and SHA1 signing certificate fingerprint name listed below.
    Package name:
    (Example: com.example)
    • Required.

Signing certificate fingerprint (SHA1):
    (Example: 21:45:BD:F6:98:B8:71:50:39:BD:0E:83:F2:06:9B:ED:43:5A:C2:1C )
    • Required.

Deep Linking:

Enabled
    Disabled
    specifically: Signing certificate fingerprint (SHA1)

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X