Getting the Apps working without "Store"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting the Apps working without "Store"

I don't have many people in my forum using iOS devices so there is no point in spending $99/yr or $25/yr to apple/google.

I have downloaded the apps from members area and it seems adroid apk file can directly be used. However, no such luck with the iOS app.
    What I am trying to do is to make the app directly downloadable from my site which users can manually install on their (jailbroken) iOS devices.

Can anyone help me with this?

Edit: It looks like I need to submit this to cydia. One question though..do I need to sign it before making the deb file?
    Last edited by Riasat; Sat 10 Sep '11, 11:40pm.

You know not submitting to Apple and making only available on jailbroken devices you are eliminating most users......
    ------------------------------------------
    Steve
    DM Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)
    CN Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)
    TheFaFClan Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)
    Audi Spirit Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)

Comment

Originally posted by CvP View Post
      I don't have many people in my forum using iOS devices so there is no point in spending $99/yr or $25/yr to apple/google.

I have downloaded the apps from members area and it seems adroid apk file can directly be used. However, no such luck with the iOS app.
      What I am trying to do is to make the app directly downloadable from my site which users can manually install on their (jailbroken) iOS devices.

Can anyone help me with this?

Edit: It looks like I need to submit this to cydia. One question though..do I need to sign it before making the deb file?
      You would need to ask Cydia what needs to be done. We can only help with official submissions to the supported App Stores.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Originally posted by SteveLV702 View Post
        You know not submitting to Apple and making only available on jailbroken devices you are eliminating most users......
        I have like 10 to 15 iOS device users in the first place. Worth the $99 to apple?

Comment

Ask if they're willing to pay 10-15 dollars to help get the app into the app store each for their iOS devices?

Comment

Originally posted by CvP View Post
            I have like 10 to 15 iOS device users in the first place. Worth the $99 to apple?
            Does your app have advertising? If those 10-15 users are regular enough...

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X