free and paid Android version?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• free and paid Android version?

So, how do you do BOTH a free and paid Android version?

What steps are needed above and beyond rebuilding the app without ads?
    Steve, Webmaster and Admin
    www.pokecommunity.com

well would have to resign it and thats where I hit a dead end every time I try when I go to upload to android market tells me invalid signature.... So I ended up putting the Free/Lite version on Android Market and Paid/Pro version on Amazon AppStore
    ------------------------------------------
    Steve
    DM Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)
    CN Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)
    TheFaFClan Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)
    Audi Spirit Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)

Comment

resign it?
      we didn't sign it in the first place, vB did.

I tried to upload the paid version and it said it was the same .apk as the free one..
      This is something vB needs to look at and fix ASAP
      www.pokecommunity.com

Comment

As far as I know, its not a currently intended feature. I know its something we're looking at.

It may be possible, but you'd need to re-compile the app on our end, assuming you wanted to add/remove something from the paid app.

Comment

Wait what? Not an INTENDED feature?
          It is a basic REQUIREMENT of the mobile suite to be able to offer (and was advertised as such) a free and paid version. While I can understand not have selectable feature yet, a basic paid/free setup should have been available from day one.

yes, I tried rebuilding it without ads, and it did build, but the Market says its the same package "name" apk.. you guys need to set a way to version each (and every) build so that base names change if the app is different (i.e. has ads or not.. uses analytics or not, etc.)
          www.pokecommunity.com

Comment

Where is it advertised you can submit two different versions of both apps?

Comment

Don't know about submit, but when it was announced and throughout its discussions here it has always been said that you could build free and paid versions. In fact it was one of the deciding factors used to purchase the mobile suite for me and many others.

If it can not be done, it will throw a big monkey wrench into our marketing plans..
              www.pokecommunity.com

Comment

https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/show...App.-(iOS-only)

Its unsupported, but there is a way for iOS at the moment.

Comment

Yes, we have done this for iOS and it works fine.. Just need a way for Android now.
                  www.pokecommunity.com

Comment

Currently I have an ad free version available for download via my Microcart online store on the forum.

This is kind of based on the honor system that they won't download it and just give it to their buddies. Oh well. Not much I can do about that right now. I've also setup a discount so that it's free for my supporting members to download. It costs 1 dollar and their usergroup gets a 1 dollar discount.
                    www.cricketusers.com - Cricket Wireless Users Forum

Comment

Originally posted by SteveLV702 View Post
                      well would have to resign it and thats where I hit a dead end every time I try when I go to upload to android market tells me invalid signature.... So I ended up putting the Free/Lite version on Android Market and Paid/Pro version on Amazon AppStore
                      How are you signing it? I was able to re-sign it just fine but decided it wasn't worth it in the end because I'd have to do it with every version that is released. Changing the package names to allow it to be installed along-side the free app wasn't terribly difficult but I still didn't want to manage they signing keys. If we ever lost that you lose the ability to upgrade the application through Market.

Also, make sure you delete the META-INF folder in the apk before signing it again. It's not actually possible to re-sign an apk you can only sign it.

I'd still much prefer a group based ad-removal so we can use the built-in subscription features of vbulletin.

Comment

Posting from new HTC EVO 4G checking vb's app out..
                        www.pokecommunity.com

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X