No announcement yet.

current mobile suite?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You know what I find interesting is the fact that vBulletins own mobile app hasn't been updated (at least android version) since June and the null pm issue is present on their own app! You would think if there was progress with the mobile app, those would of been addressed LONG ago. Something just doesn't add up.

Comment

• The null PM issue isn't a mobile app issue, it's been identified as an API issue which is fixed in 4.1.10 - if you use the vbulletin mobile App now, you should see the usernames fixed (note there is a separate issue with the listings that's being addressed before 4.1.10 final is released)
      Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
      -
      *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
      - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
      - Highlight the correct navigation tab when you are on a custom page
      - "Quick Route" Interface...
      - Allow to use custom icons for individual forums

Comment

• Originally posted by blake247 View Post
        You know what I find interesting is the fact that vBulletins own mobile app hasn't been updated (at least android version) since June and the null pm issue is present on their own app! You would think if there was progress with the mobile app, those would of been addressed LONG ago. Something just doesn't add up.
        Absolutely worst vBulletin purchase I have ever made. Such a waste of money.

Comment

• this was a complete waste of time and money, and it is borderline unethical the product would still be sold

Comment

• Still waiting for an update

Comment

• Originally posted by MikesSite View Post
              Still waiting for an update

Am I reading the Issues log right is "vBulletin Mobile - Android App:1.1.3" due out Monday?

Comment

• As I said elsewhere, that's not necessarily when it's being released publicly - look at this:

http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBIV

It's got a Release Date of 'Today' but that's not gonna happen... These are for internal use, perhaps they should be hidden from public viewing
                Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
                -
                *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
                - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
                - Highlight the correct navigation tab when you are on a custom page
                - "Quick Route" Interface...
                - Allow to use custom icons for individual forums

Comment

• Originally posted by Trevor Hannant View Post
                  As I said elsewhere, that's not necessarily when it's being released publicly - look at this:

http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBIV

It's got a Release Date of 'Today' but that's not gonna happen... These are for internal use, perhaps they should be hidden from public viewing
                  The bad news
                  vBulletin Mobile - Android App:1.1.3" due out Monday
                  has come and gone without a release as you predicted Trevor

The good news (not!)
                  VB took your advice Trevor, they have now removed the release date for vBulletin Mobile - Android App:1.1.3 so it looks like we are back in the dark still waiting for some kind of miracle

Seriously
                  I am new to the VB product and I have been spinning to my users that the app is improving and will be useable soon and certainly if all the fixes suggested in Android App:1.1.3 are true the app may well be useful.

Does anyone have any info or insight? Is Android App:1.1.3 going to happen anytime soon?

Comment

• Originally posted by YK0302 View Post
                    Does anyone have any info or insight? Is Android App:1.1.3 going to happen anytime soon?
                    This should give you an idea...

"1.1.3 is in the process of final testing; it has much improved pagination and some bug fixes."
                    -IBxAnders (vBulletin Developer)
                    August 24, 2011

"We're having some resource issues currently. As soon as those are resolved, we'll get the Apps out as soon as possible."
                    -Wayne Luke (vBulletin Support)
                    September 28, 2011

"I believe 1.1.3 will be made available soon but I'll confirm that later"
                    -Trevor Hannant
                    October 19, 2011

"We are approximately, about 2 weeks away from releasing an update. I will confirm and update, sorry about the delay."
                    October 27, 2011

"I'm sure you've all seen that mobile developers have left..."
                    October 31, 2011

"This week we've resolved the issues gating the mobile releases and are gearing up to proceed with making the 1.1.3 release public as soon as possible"
                    November 9, 2011

"We are moving forward - the first update will be the fix for "Apple Store Rejections" issue. This is to be released today; followed up with 1.1.3 update soon."
                    November 17, 2011

"Addressing the API/Apple approval process issue has knocked back the release of 1.1.3 slightly along with the Thanksgiving holiday in the States also."
                    -Trevor Hannant (vBulletin Support)
                    November 25, 2011

"Work is currently being done on the apps (I've seen one of my bugs addressed in the last 48 hours) but I don't have a timeframe for a release I'm afraid"
                    -Trevor Hannant (vBulletin Support)
                    December 15, 2011

This pretty much sums up the whole Mobile Suite Experience...

Last edited by blake247; Thu 2nd Feb '12, 8:52pm.

Comment

• Thanks Blake! Too funny! Unfortunately its too serious for us to laugh about. I supported this product and got my club to handover the money and I am taking heat from disatified members but will VB even communicate with us and give us something to tell our members. The only communication in recent times has been to remove the release date from the Tracker http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBA

Please VB communicate with us, give us a release date?

Comment

• I hope we finally get AT LEAST ONE update to this before our lic expires this coming May

sigh~
                        Steve, Webmaster and Admin
                        www.pokecommunity.com

Comment

• You know what I did? I converted this app to a Blackberry one and hopefully will be getting a free Playbook out of it. Then I can say I actually got something during this year of no upgrades. Time to make some lemonade out of all these lemons.

http://androidandme.com/2012/02/news...free-playbook/

Wish me luck!
                          www.cricketusers.com - Cricket Wireless Users Forum

Comment

• So is this still crap or have they fixed it?

Comment

• It's still crap and I for one don't think they give a ****. I fully expect they will not make any effort to placate their customers to do anything to make it right. When my licence expires I will not renew it unless it is 100 % FOC.

Comment

• I think having a product that competes with Tapatalk is more important than that Facebook interface. I was going to pull the trigger on that, but it's not what I really want. I want people to come to the website and not stay on that Facebook interface.
                                www.cricketusers.com - Cricket Wireless Users Forum

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X