Ignorance Alert - Why an App?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ignorance Alert - Why an App?

I don't own an iPhone or Android, but I thought I'd buy the mobile package for our users who do. One response I got when I announced thats the apps will be availalable soon, was that they can already navigate the forums on their phone. So what does the app do?

Thanks
    Last edited by tsptom; Fri 1st Jul '11, 6:15pm.

Someone else chimed in saying... "It is so much easier to use an app than it is to navigate the internet on a phone."

So, I'm good. No response needed.

Comment

Thats true. Navigating our forum is possible on a native phones browser. It's just a little more difficult without a mouse. I make mistakes like clicking the wrong link because my thumb is covering more than one link on the screen. The app is more practical on a phone.

Comment

The mobile style is free with 4.1.2+, you don't need to purchase an app...

Comment

You can't upload photos through the mobile style.
          www.8thos.com

Comment

without app, people need to zoom in. however people dont like to zoom when browsing with mobile phone.

Comment

without app, people need to zoom in
              That's not the case since (if I read correctly) 4.1.2. I visited here a couple days ago on my iPhone, and it looked really nice.

I'd say that the mobile version of this webpage is much nicer than what the App has to offer, leveraging everything that the web has to offer (except Flash, of course for us who use the iPhone ;-)), but the main downside being that anything before 4.1.2 (or whatever the exact version is) just looks like a tiny web page!

Really nice job on the mobile look.

But it's rarely a trivial task for, especially, a long-running forum to upgrade constantly to get these new goodies, and so for most of us, here and now, the App was the big hope. That's not going so great, sadly.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X