Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ImpexConfig.php - Doteasy database server?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ImpexConfig.php - Doteasy database server?

I tried contacting doteasy but they have not replied. I presume its just a path to the server, so if anyone knows the Doteasy database server let me know. Or is the database kept on my own website? sorry I am still learning this. The forum is for a support group that I run.

I am switching domains so apparently it can't be localhost.

# mysql / mssql
    $impexconfig['source']['databasetype'] = 'mysql'; // mysql OR mssql
    $impexconfig['source']['server'] = 'localhost'; <------------------------------- THIS LINE
    $impexconfig['source']['user'] = 'username';
    $impexconfig['source']['password'] = 'password';
    $impexconfig['source']['database'] = 'source';
    $impexconfig['source']['tableprefix'] = '';

You need to move the database to the same server you're doing the import on.

Comment

do you have root access?

You could just do a dump of the database from the current domain, upload it to the new one and then import it into a new database, run impex and be done with it.

When you do a database dump you don't need the prior passwords or anything you'll just create a database and then upload the dump from the other site right into it. Then use impex to merge the data to the new site.

Of just use that database and go in and change the admin panel settings to match the domain and you'll be fine.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X