Importing a large database

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Importing a large database

I'm importing a large database, about 45,000 threads, 400,000 replies, and 14,000 members. I would like to know if the import system will handle and what is the best way to do this... should I change the number of post to a smaller size or keep it at 2,000 would be ok.

thanks,

I'm about as far from an expert as you can get, but I just did an instll from UBBThreads 7.5.6 to vb. Initially it did not work. When I got to the "Import posts" module it would just sit there and not do anything. I did a search here and found a thread where someone was having the same problem. One of the support staff posted a recommended changes to the php-ini and my.cnf files on the server and it fixed it for this person. I decided to implement the same changes and VIOLA it worked. If you get stalled out like I did, a possible solution is near the end of this thread.

PS: My forum is about twice the size of yours. over 80,000 threads and close to a million posts.

Comment

Originally posted by Ennio View Post
      I'm importing a large database, about 45,000 threads, 400,000 replies, and 14,000 members. I would like to know if the import system will handle and what is the best way to do this... should I change the number of post to a smaller size or keep it at 2,000 would be ok.

thanks,
      What forum are you converting from? Impex will handle a forum your size without problems btw.

Comment

I'm importing from Fusetalk... It did work for the members and threads... but the posts it keep giving error...

Database error in vBulletin 4.2.0:

Invalid SQL:

UPDATE session
        SET lastactivity = 1342662539, location = '/impex/index.php?do=login', badlocation = 0
        WHERE sessionhash = 'a1f26c8bcffe4cf186d3063e68cdae7c';

MySQL Error : MySQL server has gone away
        Error Number : 2006
        Request Date : Wednesday, July 18th 2012 @ 06:48:59 PM
        Error Date : Wednesday, July 18th 2012 @ 06:54:24 PM
        Script :
        Referrer :
        IP Address : xxxxxx
        Username : ennio
        Classname : vB_Database
        MySQL Version :

- - - Updated - - -

btw I have the site hosted at mediatemple.net could that be why? should I try to do the import on my local computer?

- - - Updated - - -

Also I get this on the screen.

vBulletin Message

Unable to add cookies, header already sent.
        File: /nfs/c10/h03/mnt/152155/domains/cysticfibrosis.com/html/impex/ImpExFunction.php
        Line: 522

Comment

That server has gone away error message is server related. You will need to talk to your host about it.

Comment

The session is timing out... so if I reduce the number of threads to do at a time should that fix it? Maybe do 300 at a time instead of 2000?

- - - Updated - - -

I changed the number of threads to do at a time and seems to be working better now. Haven't had a timeout yet..

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X