Clear All

• Trevor Hannant
    replied
    There's actually a sample email in the manual:

https://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/impex_passwords

Leave a comment:

• borbole
    replied
    Send them a mass email about that as well.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Originally posted by johnnymc7 View Post
    Thanks Dustin , I was thinking that. I will just have to keep replying to their complaints
    In addition to the notice idea above, you can send a mass email out to your users with information on how to reset the password.

Send them to login.php?do=lostpw to reset the password.

AdminCP -> Users -> Send Email to Users.

Leave a comment:

• beishe8
    replied
    Originally posted by AakifN View Post
    Instead of replying, try sticking a Notice up to all guests stating that because of the migration process, passwords need to be reset. That way you'll get less people complaining or asking about the same thing giving you more time to reply to other matters.

Just a suggestion for you
    A good one.

Leave a comment:

• Aakif N.
    replied
    Instead of replying, try sticking a Notice up to all guests stating that because of the migration process, passwords need to be reset. That way you'll get less people complaining or asking about the same thing giving you more time to reply to other matters.

Just a suggestion for you

Leave a comment:

• johnnymc7
    replied
    Thanks Dustin , I was thinking that. I will just have to keep replying to their complaints

Leave a comment:

• Dustin L.
    replied
    Your users will have to reset their passwords. Unfortunately, I believe SMF and vB use different password-hashing methods, which is the reason for this.

Regards,

Dustin

Leave a comment:

• johnnymc7
    started a topic SMF TO VBulletin 4 Passwords lost?

SMF TO VBulletin 4 Passwords lost?

Hi,

Im getting a lot complaints from users about not been able to log in because of password issues.

Are they lost in the import? Is there any way around this?

Regards
    John
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X