Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Importing uploaded posts tied to photos.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Importing uploaded posts tied to photos.

We did a successful PHPBB import but it looks like uploaded photos didn't get pulled over.

How can we accurately pull photos over that were inside of individual posts and uploaded on the old forum?
    Helpful forums on hair loss support and information.

Do the attachment links currently have the following format?

[attachment=5:3nq5dx2n]street-bke.jpg[/attachment:3nq5dx2n]

Comment

Unfortunately no.

Here is a thread where numerous photos were included in his posts on the PHPBB forum, but there seems to be no residual references to them now that we've done an import:

http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact...2808-5-2012%29

Comment

Looks like something wasn't set correctly on the import. Are you already on a live forum, or still in the testing stage?

Comment

Already went live.

Comment

Originally posted by vBBurger View Post
            Already went live.
            How many days ago?

Comment

Just this morning. I assume you're going to recommend redoing the import. But I have spent all day long customizing the admin control panel. I hope all of that is not undone ...

If he knows where the image files are (the directory) on the old box where PHPBB is ... can he just port them over to a directory within vBulletin?

Or will he need to re-run the entire import process.

Comment

I'm no expert, but as far as I know the phpbb had codes in the post body. That's what makes the images appear inline.

From what I understand the import process takes the phpbb code and puts it into the vB4 post body in this format.

Once the import process is complete the code still needs to be converted to the proper format to work ([attach ]1234[/attach ]), but I have a script do that with, or you can write your own.

As for where the files themselves are, either file system or database that also has to be handled. But now is the time to do it. Sure you will lose one days worth of posts, but that's a lot better than losing all the images in all the threads.

Comment

Okay thank you!

Would you be able to post the script here? Or email it somewhere for me? I am going to have my programmer look at this thread first thing in the morning and I'm hoping he'll have everything he needs to proceed.

Comment

Ok ...

Comment

Originally posted by Andy View Post
                      I'm no expert, but as far as I know the phpbb had codes in the post body. That's what makes the images appear inline.

From what I understand the import process takes the phpbb code and puts it into the vB4 post body in this format.

Andy

It looks like you have answered some of my issues I posted here. Would you care to have a look at that post and see if you can provide further insight? Are you able to post the script?

Once the import process is complete the code still needs to be converted to the proper format to work ([attach ]1234[/attach ]), but I have a script do that with, or you can write your own.

As for where the files themselves are, either file system or database that also has to be handled. But now is the time to do it. Sure you will lose one days worth of posts, but that's a lot better than losing all the images in all the threads.
                      Andy, it looks like you have answered at least one of my questions in this post . Would you be so kind as to see if you can provide further insight on the similar issues there? Can you post the script?

Comment

Originally posted by Simon Bloomer View Post
                        Andy, it looks like you have answered at least one of my questions in this post . Would you be so kind as to see if you can provide further insight on the similar issues there? Can you post the script?
                        Hi Simon,

I sent you a Private Message yesterday. To retrieve a Private Message look at the top right portion of your screen. You should see a link called Notifications. Follow that link to read the Private Message I sent you.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X