Import 2 vB boards into one - issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Import 2 vB boards into one - issues

I'm merging 2 of my boards into 1 board to cover a larger community and streamline my administration and moderation

first off, fresh install no mods/hacks installed vB 4.2.0

turn off plugins on my vB 3.8.3 board for first impex into the vB 4.2.0 fresh install

All good - it all works fine

set-up impex for the 2nd import

vB 4.1.12 impex to the vB 4.2.0 and all is good except fails on forum import.

I assume its due to the fact the first import forumids are the same. I run the import again and all is good except the first import forums and posts are gone. users are there but no forums and posts. post count and thread count show forums and posts are being numbered. but nowhere to be found.

ive done this both ways, 4.1.12 imported first then the 3.8.3 board. same thing happens. it only fails when it imports the forums. everything else works as it should.

im going to update both older versions to 4.2.0 then try the imports again...
    I've had a lot of issues on this same board merge in the past with little success in those other threads over the past 2 years...

- - - Updated - - -

just upgraded the 2 import databases to 4.2.0 to match the fresh install of 4.2.0 where they are being imported too.

imported 1 with no issues. updated counters and cleaned import to perform 2nd import.

imported 2nd with forums failing. not all just the first few. it goes too quick to catch which ones are failing.

i still think it has to be the forumid that is giving me the fail. i stopped at this point since in the past when i redo the forum import it will import all successfully but the first import forums are GONE.
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X