Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Imported from SMF - big success, but some small problems

Hi All,

Just imported from SMF and after a few teething troubles, it all went well. The forum wont be live yet , so I've a while to get it all right.

Things I have a problem with...
    1. The forum says 51 threads and 932 posts. When I look at it there's only one on there
    2. On some, it says that threads and posts are there, but when I look at them, it says that there have been no postings for 30 days and it appears empty

Questions I need to ask: -
    1. When it imports users, and the VB forum goes live, can the users then login with their old (SMF) details?
    2. Are all the PMs imported too?
    3. How do I import the smilies ?

I know it will not be an exact copy of the SMF forum, and will need a tweak or two. I have to take my hat off to the guys who write al the code, well done.

Thanks in advance to anyone who replies

Steve

Originally posted by stobby256 View Post
    Hi All,

Just imported from SMF and after a few teething troubles, it all went well. The forum wont be live yet , so I've a while to get it all right.

Things I have a problem with...
    1. The forum says 51 threads and 932 posts. When I look at it there's only one on there
    2. On some, it says that threads and posts are there, but when I look at them, it says that there have been no postings for 30 days and it appears empty
    Questions I need to ask: -
    1. When it imports users, and the VB forum goes live, can the users then login with their old (SMF) details?
    2. Are all the PMs imported too?
    3. How do I import the smilies ?
    I know it will not be an exact copy of the SMF forum, and will need a tweak or two. I have to take my hat off to the guys who write al the code, well done.

Thanks in advance to anyone who replies

Steve
    To view all of your posts, you must go to the Admin Panel-Forums&Moderator-> Forum Manager->clic for each forum and GO under the heading "Default View Age (Default cut-off dates for thread display", select "Show all treads" and save. The need to do this procedure for each forum.

For the smilies, you had to enter the folder path at import.

I did not understand the problem "Are all the PMs imported too?"
    Last edited by VbulletinItalia.; Sat 4 Feb '12, 1:33pm.

Comment

Great - thank you!

I did not understand the problem "Are all the PMs imported too?"
      I meant are all private messages imported as well?

Thanks

Comment

The number of private messages imported into vbulletin are equal to SMF?

Comment

almost I know there will be some things that are not complete so what the hell. My question was are the private messages imported - that's it!

Thanks

Comment

Well that's SORTED !!! Also a question about USERS - all my users are imported OK... but can't login. Do I have to send them all a new password???

Comment

Send an email to your users, because they must reset their passwords and to ask a new passowrd SMF coding is different from vbulletin.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X