X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Watts
    replied
    Originally posted by Joe D. View Post
    Actually an import from VB 4.2.2 to 4.2.2 is not something that is officially supported. Impex hasn't been updated in a long time. We will try to help but I wouldn't expect it to work perfectly.
    Hi Joe, no gripe with you but it's frustrating that Impex hasn't been updated and can't handle this. We managed to resolve the issues and go ahead with the merge, I'll post the steps taken in case it's useful for anyone else.

Impex should offer to combine accounts who have the same email address as exiting users on import- did you choose that?
    We did, but for some reason it doesn't work on our set-up. We set it to No and then manually merged accounts that we were aware of.

The PHP errors were caused by the "Welcome to our newest member, X" section of the stats. If the newest member at the time was a member from the Source forum, these errors will display. Resolved as soon as a new member registered on the destination forum, as long as the last registered user wasn't from the source forum.

Most of the errors seem to have been related to that - one member's account was deleted, but we're working to resolve it.

Leave a comment:

• Joe D.
    replied
    Actually an import from VB 4.2.2 to 4.2.2 is not something that is officially supported. Impex hasn't been updated in a long time. We will try to help but I wouldn't expect it to work perfectly.

Please answer/confirm that you do not have any 3rd party modifications installed or enabled?

and

Have you moved the imported users into a regular usergroup yet?

Impex should offer to combine accounts who have the same email address as exiting users on import- did you choose that?

Leave a comment:

• Will Watts
    replied
    Statistics also do not rebuild.

Is any support actually offered for this product? No one has actually addressed any of my issues yet...

Leave a comment:

• Will Watts
    replied
    Those errors also still appear after adding this line to forum.php:

PHP Code:
    error_reporting(0); 

Leave a comment:

• Will Watts
    replied
    Not quite sure why importing from a vBulletin 4.2.2 database into a vBulletin 4.2.2 is so hard. However, the three administrator accounts that failed to merge already have accounts on the dev site (the dev site only has a small number of users) - so... does email association just not work? If I try and use that when importing to the main database, are all members who have accounts on both sites going to fail to merge?

Leave a comment:

• Will Watts
    replied
    I do regret using vBulletin sometimes... Impex genuinely doesn't log errors?

With the failed user imports - when email association is turned on, there are 9 failures, including three administrator accounts. When email association is turned off, there are 4 failures - I don't think those 4 failures matter, but I'd have to check.

----------------------------

The errors appear on the forum homepage. Hooks are disabled.

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Joe D.
    replied
    Hello- there's no list of users who couldn't be imported, would need to compare to the original list to determine those who weren't imported- bad characters is possible but so is bad data in some other field.

What pages are you getting these warnings on? Can you post a screenshot? I assume you have any 3rd party mods disabled?

Leave a comment:

• Will Watts
    replied
    PHP Code:
    define('SKIP_ALL_ERRORS'true); 
    That line is already present, in fact it always has been since the upgrade to vB4.2.2. Error reporting must be handled differently in this instance, which is an issue.

Impex also seems to have failed to import 9 users - could unusual characters in usernames be the cause? If so, how can we fix this? Is there a way to view the 9 users who were not successfully imported?
    Is there any way to address this issue?

Leave a comment:

• Joe D.
    replied
    Warnings aren't really a problem. In VB 4.2.2 they can (and should) be turned off by adding the line:

PHP Code:
    define('SKIP_ALL_ERRORS'true); 
    To the config.php file, directly below the first line: <?php

Leave a comment:

• Will Watts
    replied
    Thanks Joe. Shame about the VMs, but I'll leave any rants about vB to one side.

Are you able to help me with any of the other issues? The PHP errors are the main thing, but I'd also like to see which users failed and whether only certain character types are supported for the usernames.

This may/may not be related, but on our dev site changing skins whilst viewing a profile results in this error:

Code:
    Unable to add cookies, header already sent.
    File: /home/otakucen/public_html/dev/forums/includes/class_core.php
    Line: 5698
    I'll take a guess and say that Impex imports aren't compatible with PHP5.4, perhaps something overlooked in the 4.2.2 update. Is Paul M/anyone else able to comment and suggest a workaround?

Leave a comment:

• Joe D.
    replied
    Visitor Messages are not supported on a VB to VB import- the available modules are-
    • Import usergroup
    • Import user
    • Import forum
    • Import thread
    • Import post
    • Import poll
    • Import Private messages
    • Import phrase
    • Import moderator
    • Import Custom pictures
    • Import attachment
    • Import subscription
    • Import smilie
    • Import avatar

Leave a comment:

• Will Watts
    replied
    VMs also failed to import as far as I can see - can these actually be imported?

Leave a comment:

• Will Watts
    replied
    Permissions - No.

Forum cache - Yes.

Counters - Yes.

Default forum - N/A

User groups - No, as site not live and other errors taking priority.

Search index - Yes.

Remove the ImpEx files - No, as still in use.

Leave a comment:

• Lynne
    replied
    Did you go through all the 'after' steps like Rebuilding Thread Information and Forum Information - all the stuff listed here - http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/impex_cleanup ?

Leave a comment:

• Will Watts
    started a topic PHP Errors after Impex

PHP Errors after Impex

Currently trying to merge two vB4.2.2 forums together - the smaller into the larger.

On our dev site the import appears to have been successful, but we're getting PHP Warnings.

Code:
    Warning: Illegal string offset 'numbermembers' in [path]/forum.php on line 630

Warning: number_format() expects parameter 1 to be double, string given in [path]/includes/functions.php on line 840

Warning: Illegal string offset 'newuserid' in [path]/forum.php on line 632

Warning: Illegal string offset 'newusername' in [path]/forum.php on line 633

Warning: Illegal string offset 'activemembers' in [path]/forum.php on line 635

Warning: number_format() expects parameter 1 to be double, string given in [path]/includes/functions.php on line 840
    I'm also seeing errors with our statistics.

Test Otaku Forums Statistics

Threads 1,696 Posts 24,944 Members Active Members Welcome to our newest member, a
    I did try updating the statistics in the Maintenance section, but Members and Active Membes are both showing no figures. Clicking on the "a" member brings up an error message, stating "This user has not registered and therefore does not have a profile to view.". Possibly the user in question is actually " 風 伸吾"

Impex also seems to have failed to import 9 users - could unusual characters in usernames be the cause? If so, how can we fix this? Is there a way to view the 9 users who were not successfully imported?
    Last edited by Will Watts; Thu 3rd Apr '14, 3:53am.