Post-Import issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post-Import issues

That is to say, issues after the import, not issues having to do with posts. :-P

So I ran the import from phpBB3 to vBulletin (whatever the latest is, just installed it last night).

It worked well other than the following:

All imported threads have a datestamp of 12-31-1969, 11:00 PM, thus ruining any sort of sorting I had
    All forums show that they have 0 posts and 0 threads on the forum index.
    All users imported don't show up on the Members List and the ones who are testing with me cannot log in, but they ARE in the user list in the AdminCP.

Was I missing some sort of post-import step, or is this because I had a more recent version of phpBB3 than what the Impex script was compatible with?
    Using vBulletin 4.x Publishing Suite at Clylla Game & Guild Portal

Just doing the same thing for tenth time...

Remember these:
    Forum cache

To rebuild the forum cache so your imported forums appear, go to your forum manager and save the display.

Counters

Update the Threads and Forums counters after an import to reflect the true values for each forum and thread.

Maintenance > Update Counters > Rebuild Thread Information
    Maintenance > Update Counters > Rebuild Forum Information
    Also - the old password's don't work. Users need to reset their passwords.

Comment

Ohh... That's right, I was on that step of the instructions when I noticed I couldn't see any threads (cause it was only showing the last month and they were all from years ago). I panicked and spent like an hour trying to figure out why instead of going to the next step. Heh, whoops.

As far as the members not showing up on the Members list, I guess once they change their password they will?

Comment

Got everything squared away except the user groups (which is why folks aren't showing up and are getting a message stating they are banned when attempting to log in). Is there a tool for moving everyone from one usergroup to another, or do I need to manually do that (either by editing them one at a time or just changing the old registered group to match the built-in registered users permissions).

Comment

Check this out: https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/show...ps-after-Impex

Comment

Oh, whoops. yeah, I actually did read that in someone else's post then fixed it but never went back and edited my post, sorry. :-P

I'm not making a good first impression on these forums. I swear I read and follow instructions. Just kinda been in a fog these past couple days for some reason. Sorry.

Comment

The only issue I have now is that anything imported doesn't appear to be searchable, and when I view a user's posts, nothing before the import shows up. I figured the whole "rebuild search index" thing would have fixed that, but it didn't seem to help any.

Edit: Well, SOMETHING I did fixed it. Not sure what. Oh well, nevermind.

Comment

I'm also doing an import and can see the forums but not the posts. I've run the update counters but still no luck. Any thoughts?

I can do a search and the posts come back and I can click into a post and read the thread. However, when I navigate back to the forum to see a list of threads all the threads are not showing! ACK!

Thanks!
                Last edited by paulsjv; Mon 7 Nov '11, 5:34pm.

Comment

In Admin CP -> Forum Manager -> choose a forum -> Default View Age -> Make sure this is set to Show All Threads.

Comment

Originally posted by BirdOPrey5 View Post
                    In Admin CP -> Forum Manager -> choose a forum -> Default View Age -> Make sure this is set to Show All Threads.
                    Thanks for the reply! I did just that and still didn't see any threads in the forum. However, I did solve the problem! What happened is that the phpBB3 forums were imported as vB "categories" and not vB "forums". As a result, I had to go to each forum and "Show All Threads" and also say "Yes" to "Act as Forum".

All fixed!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X