Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Importing user groups - Another question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Importing user groups - Another question.

I had this idea, probably bad but here goes.

On my old forum I have two groups, Registered Users and Newly Registered Users. When I do the import I want to keep the users in each of these separated in their two groups, i.e. I don't want them all to end up being dumped into one default group during the import.

Here is my idea:

If I rename each of those two groups on the old board to something slightly different, (e.g. New Reg Use), I'm assuming they will import with all the users to the new vB board.

What I want to do then is manually move all the users from those imported groups into the correct user groups, that I have created, on the vB board then delete the old groups once the users are moved.

The question is, is there a way to bulk move all the users from one group to another.

Maybe there is an easier way to do what I'm talking about. What I really need to do is make sure those users remain separate in their own groups.

Did all of that make any sense?

Thanks.

As per your other thread, your phpBB usergroups will be imported as Custom Usergroups in vBulletin and all members of each will be moved to these. vBulletin features a 'Mass Move' facility within:

AdminCP > Users > Prune/Move Users

...however you only need to do this for those you don't want to go to the default Registered Usergroup as if you delete an import group user are in, all the users will be moved to the Registered Users group by default.
    Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
    -
    *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
    - "Quick Route" Interface...

Comment

OK, thanks.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X