Importing user groups with same name.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Importing user groups with same name.

I'm about to import everything from my current phpBB forum to my new test vB forum.

On both forums I have the following two user groups (among others):

Registered Users
    Newly Registered Users

When I do the import will these overwritten or ignored or what?

What I want to happen is those users in each group on the old forum to end up in the same user groups on the new forum.

Can somebody tell me how this works and what might happen in my case?

I should add that, on my new (test) forum I renamed the default registered users group to "Newly Registered Users" and then created a new group called "Registered Users". This is so I can limit newly registered users to be able to access only certain things.

Thanks.

Usergroups can have the same name, their ID will be different.

Comment

Originally posted by BirdOPrey5 View Post
      Usergroups can have the same name, their ID will be different.
      OK, so does this mean that, after the import, my test forum will have two groups named registered users and two groups named newly registered users, each with different IDs?

Comment

One wil be under custom usergroups, which is your imported usergroup.

Comment

More Info: https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/show...ps-after-Impex

From the manual:

User groups

Most importers will import the usergroups or create a default import usergroup, this is so you can check the users being imported and manage them accordingly, to move users to the defaultRegistered Users group in vBulletin, delete the import group they are in and all the users will be moved to the Registered Users group by default.

Even with a vBulletin to vBulletin import the groups are created again, this is so you can manage the new users accordingly, in some cases you will need to keep the new users separate depending on the nature of your community to manage them.

Be sure to double-check the main Usergroup permissions to make sure they match what you want:

Admin CP -> Usergroups -> Usergroup Manager -> Edit Usergroup
          Last edited by Joe D.; Sun 23 Oct '11, 3:52pm.

Comment

OK, thanks.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X