Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trevor Hannant
    replied
    What version of Impex are you using? Have you put the full server path to your attachments directory in the relevant field or a relative path?

As for us "selling people a crap importer that doesn't convert ANY attachments from SMF", Impex is a free tool which has successfully converted attachments from SMF - only recently I assisted a customer do this.

Leave a comment:

• Allthumbz
    replied
    Originally posted by Trevor Hannant View Post
    Spamming multiple threads won't make things happen any faster.
    Neither will selling people a crap importer that doesn't convert ANY attachments from SMF.

Instead of commenting, you guys at VBulletin should be apologizing for giving us that piece of junk ImPex with VBulletin that doesn't do the job.
    It creates poor goodwill with customers, as does your comment, Trevor.

People who have an SMF forum should be aware before they plunk down $285 that you cannot convert attachments to VBulletin.
    My users are furious, and you have no answer, just a "bug ticket"- fat lot of good that does me, eh?

Perhaps rather than "spamming" as you put it, I should just let everyone contemplating a conversion from SMF to VB know to forget it, unless they
    want to have to manually copy over thousands of attachments, like we are doing. Given what we have to do, I'd think you would keep your comments to paying customers to yourself.

Now back to my ORIGINAL QUESTION:

Is there a way to convert from SMF to another format that IMPEX will work on and THEN convert from that over to VBulletin so that I don't have to manually copy over 12,000 attachments?

Nelson
    Last edited by Allthumbz; Sat 22 Oct '11, 1:19am. Reason: forgot the original question

Leave a comment:

• Trevor Hannant
    replied
    Spamming multiple threads won't make things happen any faster.

Leave a comment:

• Allthumbz
    replied
    No DB errors- it just didn't do it- all 12,000 attachments were marked "fail" in impex.

Nelson

Leave a comment:

• c0bra
    replied
    Are you seeing DB errors when you attempt to import attachments? If so it's a known issue and a ticket in the bug tracker is open about it:
    http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/IMPX-400

I have already verified the bug exists in SMF, IPB and PHPBB.

Leave a comment:

• Allthumbz
    started a topic SMF attachments to PHPBB then VBulletin

SMF attachments to PHPBB then VBulletin

ImpEx will not import attachments from a SMF 2.0 system to VBulletin 4.17

I had 12,000 attachments, and ImPex would not import any.

Question: Any way I could start a PhPBB database by converting the attachments to PHPBB and then use ImPex to convert the attachments in PHPbb to VBulletin?

I know it would be a lot of effort, but with 12,000, I figured worth a shot.

Thanks,

Nelson
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X