phpBB3 to vBulletin failing on posts import

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• phpBB3 to vBulletin failing on posts import

Let me preface this by saying that I have imported over 100 phpBB/SMF/Other boards to vBulletin and have never had a single issue...ever. This time, though, I'm about to pull my hair out.

Client has a phpBB database about 1.5GB in size. I installed a fresh VB installation and started the import of everything. Before this, I removed ALL of the memory limits and script timeouts in PHP. All of the imports went fine. 75,000 users, 270,000 threads. When I went to the posts importer, I expected everything to work, but it didn't.

The importer successfully copies about 29 posts and then continues loading infinitely, never copying another post. If I load up impex again, it imports those same 29 and then sits there. Thinking this was a problem with the next post in the phpBB table, I deleted it entirely and went through the whole process again....same thing. So I installed VB3 and attempted an import into that, thinking it might help...same thing.

At this point, I've spent well over 5 hours on this with no resolution, and I'm just about to give up. I have no idea why it's doing this. No errors either in the log or the the impexerror table. No PHP memory limit. No max execution time....

Please help.

What is the 30th post?

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery View Post
      What is the 30th post?
      Just regular old text. And like I said above - I deleted the 30th post thinking that might be it. It's not. I deleted the first 1000 posts from the phpBB table and same thing.

What I have discovered is that it doesn't freeze completely. It simply does 29 posts and then proceeds VERY slowly. At the rate of about 1 every few minutes. This is the same behavior on 3 different servers. The current one I'm doing the process on has 48GB of ram. I just don't know what the problem could be. It doesn't make sense.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X