Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Capt C Ray
    replied
    Just wanted to let you know that running that query worked great. I also ran it against the pm and pmtext tables to fix my private message issue.

Leave a comment:

• Joe D.
    replied
    Qapla'

Leave a comment:

• Capt C Ray
    replied
    Lynne,
    During my initial import, I did have a few issues. But then I went back and pretty much started from scratch. I deleted the database, redefined it, and restored it from the database from the site that will be the live site. I un-installed Impex and installed a fresh copy. This is my test site, an exact copy of the live site. And thank you for that query. It confirms what I figured out from searching SQL training sites is correct.

Joe,
    Thanks for that bit of information. On a side note. There is an admin at a site I am a member of that is also uses Klingon items in his signature and avatar. He got a kick out of it when he found out that a support staff member here was also a Klingon fan.

Thanks you both for your assistance.

Leave a comment:

• Joe D.
    replied
    After running a manual query you will need to rebuild forum and thread info again in General Update Tools.

Leave a comment:

• Lynne
    replied
    Did you have any problems during the import? Did you stop it and restart it at all? Or run the same module twice?

You could always write a query to subtract 9 from the userid. Something like:

UPDATE post SET userid=userid-9;

You didn't say whether the post username was correct or not?

Leave a comment:

• Capt C Ray
    started a topic user id mis-match

user id mis-match

I have come to find that the user id's associated to posts do not match the original poster's user id. The user id in the post table are 9 greater than the user id in the user table for the user. I have verified this for at least a dozen users. What would have caused this? This is only in my test site at the moment, but I don't want to do the conversion of the live site and have the same issue.
    I am not a SQL person. Is it possible to write a query that would match the user name between the user table and the post table and replace the user id in the post table with the user id from the user table?