Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Capt C Ray
    replied
    I went and double checked all my settings, but did not work. But as I stated, I had recopied the full forum and deleted and reloaded the database from my 'live' version, but could only get to the point of the screen shot I supplied. I was trying a few things this morning before submitting the ticket and I clicked on the 'database cleanup & restart'. And wouldn't you know it, it actually worked this time. I read the options and figured I had nothing to loose, so I selected the 'delete session' option. When I returned to the import page, wouldn't you know it, I got the 'installed importers' page. Seems I got lucky and solved my own issue. Hopefully I am good to go now. Will know that once I run a backup.
    Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Trevor Hannant
    replied
    Please fill out a support ticket at:

http://members.vbulletin.com/members...ontactform.php

Please include a complete description of the problem and be sure to include the login info to your Admin CP, phpMyAdmin and FTP in the 'Sensitive Data' field.

Leave a comment:

• Capt C Ray
    replied
    Well, I am still having the issue. Here is the attachment of the screen shot of what I see when I click on the import tab:

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Please use the Share Photos tab of the editor. There is currently an issue with viewing attachments if you're not the owner.

Leave a comment:

• Capt C Ray
    replied
    I can click on the 'a' and see it. First try at doing an attachment.

But never mind. I think I have found the error of my ways. Being new to all of this, sometimes it helps to write things out, trying to figure out where I went wrong. And all of a sudden, you remember something, go and look, and bingo. That's my problem. Hopefully, I have a handle on this now.

Thanks for your time, patience, and understanding.

Leave a comment:

• Trevor Hannant
    replied
    Sorry, can't see the attachment...

Leave a comment:

• Capt C Ray
    replied
    You're correct. Silly error on my part. Now when I click on the 'import' button, I get the following:
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]n60078[/ATTACH]

Leave a comment:

• Trevor Hannant
    replied
    That error relates to the MySQL connection to either your vBulletin or phpBB3 database - double check the connection information in the ImpexConfig.php file and try again.

Leave a comment:

• Capt C Ray
    started a topic really confused now

really confused now

Not going to go into the long story, but I have had to go back to square one converting my site from phpBB3 to vBulletin 4.2.
    I thought I had made notes covering all my issues I encountered the first time, including the one about editing line 271 of the index.php file changing the word TYPE to ENGINE. I thought I remembered this was the main cause of receiving the following error on initial entry into the import process:

ImpEx Database error

mysql error: Link-ID == false, connect failed

mysql error:

Date: Sunday 24th 2013f March 2013 07:49:30 PM

Database: source

MySQL error:

What did I miss? I did fresh downloads of the Impex files.
    Thanks for your time.
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X