mybb to vb 4.0 suite question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mybb to vb 4.0 suite question

So I am having two issues on a test I am doing right now.

The first issue I am having is I cannot get the attachments to be pulled over from impex. Are avatars part of the attachment portion? Because they never showed up either. I am using go daddy as a host so I setup ssh and logged in. I did a "pwd" and grabbed the full path and threw that in when it asked and all the attachments failed. Do you know what I am doing wrong?

The other issue and bigger issue is that I did the forgot password thing like all the other users will have to do and it is taking 30+ minutes to get the e-mail. Then when the e-mail comes in and you click the link it comes up to the vbulletin page and says "The address that you have used to request a new password is not valid. Please request a new password be sent to you by using this form."

Any help is greatly appreciated.

First, make sure you are storing the vB attachments and avatars in the database and not the file system.

The other issue is likely because you have the wrong forum URL setting.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Thanks for the info Steve. I just tried logging in with another user account and it says that it is banned. Why would that be? I am assuming everyone is going to run into that?

I followed all the instructions that I am aware of.

Comment

Please follow the 'After the Import' instructions here:

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/impex_cleanup

This should solve those issues.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X