Impex import question from PHPBB3 to VB4.x

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Impex import question from PHPBB3 to VB4.x

So I have a PHPBB3 forum with quite a few "mods". I am working on getting my site ready and I want to know if any of the "mods" will affect the import. I do not care about the mods, what they did, or any "data" in them. I just want to make sure that impex will not try and pull that stuff over and mess up my board. I am getting ready to schedule my first test import but wanted to ask before I did it to level set my expectations.

All I care about or want is:
    Users
    Forums
    Threads (posts)
    Images (avatars)
    PMs

Thanks

If the mods made changes to the basic phpBB tables and fields, then it is possible they could interfere with the import.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

So I got it all imported except about 3600 images. My phpbb3 path is /forum/files but impex does not like that. I have looked all over the server and cannot find the files....any ideas?

Seems the "real" filename in in the DB and the "files" inside of /files are obscure names

Seems I am not the only one....

https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-332676.html

..but I am not seeing the solution.
      Last edited by weave; Sun 17 Jul '11, 5:33pm.

Comment

Use the full and complete path to the directory containing your phpBB attachments. On Unix/Linux systems you can find the complete path name by telnetting or sshing into your server, going to that directory and typing:

pwd
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
          Use the full and complete path to the directory containing your phpBB attachments. On Unix/Linux systems you can find the complete path name by telnetting or sshing into your server, going to that directory and typing:

pwd
          Contacted the support guy (no ssh) and he gave me the full path. Worked like a CHARM!

Thanks Steve

Comment

Hi Weave,

Could you please confirm that you got your Avatars to import correctly?

From what I've found in all my reading and research (as well as a few test imports), is that the Avatars do not import.

But, if you've got it working - sweet - please tell me how?

Did you have any issues with internal links to other threads? Any fix?

Cheers,
            Mike.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X