Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Posible to use impex on 2 different host's? host1 to host2.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Posible to use impex on 2 different host's? host1 to host2.

Hi all,

I have an yabb board on host 1 and want to import it to vb on host 2. Is this possible? When i fill in the full url to the yabb board i get an error so is it even possible?

you'll need to have them both on one host..
    -- Web Developer for hire
    ---Online Marketing Tools and Articles

Comment

It is technically possible, but not very likely. Both hosts would need to be configured to allow MySQL connections from one another, and very few hosts will allow that.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
        It is technically possible, but not very likely. Both hosts would need to be configured to allow MySQL connections from one another, and very few hosts will allow that.
        It's an yabb gold board so it's an cgi board if i'm right. Is that also possible then? Need to set rights to 777 for that?

Comment

It's more that just 777 permissions. Both server must be configured to allow remote connections from each other.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X