Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wanting to downgrade from 4.0.5 to 4.0.2

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Wanting to downgrade from 4.0.5 to 4.0.2

    Hello!


    I currently have 4.0.5 and would like to downgrade to 4.0.2

    How can this be done?

    Thanks alot


    http://www.tEk-clan.com

  • #2
    You can import your 4.0.2 backup database and upload the 4.0.2 files and you should be fine. We have no instructions on how to downgrade from one version to another.

    Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

    W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

    Comment


    • #3
      Darn, I dont have my database with me

      Can I do a clean install and just import my database over?

      thx for fast reply!

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by InvolvingDesigns View Post
        Darn, I dont have my database with me

        Can I do a clean install and just import my database over?

        thx for fast reply!
        That would be importing a 4.0.5 database into a 4.0.2 install, so no, that wouldn't work.

        You could do a clean install of 4.0.2 and then potentially import an old 4.0.2 backup onto it (assuming no modifications that made database changes were installed). Obviously you'd lose all posts made after the backup was taken though.

        It may be more productive to explain what is causing your problem with 4.0.5 - as it is quite possible there is a better way round it than restoring on old 4.0.2 backup. 4.0.2 was not the most wonderful of releases, frankly.
        MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

        TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.2 Demo
        AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

        Comment


        • #5
          Why not just upgrade to 4.1.1 if you are having problems? It is MUCH more stable than 4.0.2 or 4.0.5.

          Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
          vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
          Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
          If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

          W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

          Comment


          • #6
            Well, as you can see there is nothing wrong with my forums (other then fighting spam bots from registering lol)

            http://www.tEk-clan.com

            The skin I have right now only supports 4.0.2, and I notice that everytime I upgraded (currently at 4.0.5) there is errors in the
            Repair / Optimize Tables


            This skin is no longer supported with new versions.... and I love this skin!


            If you know anybody that can make a custom skin that looks much like mine or even better, plz forward them my way

            Willing to pay for a good skin, and would love to have the latest stable version
            Last edited by InvolvingDesigns; Mon 17 Jan '11, 11:19am.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by InvolvingDesigns View Post
              Well, as you can see there is nothing wrong with my forums (other then fighting spam bots from registering lol)

              http://www.tEk-clan.com

              The skin I have right now only supports 4.0.2, and I notice that everytime I upgraded (currently at 4.0.5) there is errors in the
              Repair / Optimize Tables


              This skin is no longer supported and only works with 4.0.2
              The skin doesn't seem too bad to me at first glance. Couple of dark text on dark background issues but nothing that is too hard to fix with stylevars.

              The issue in optimising tables is unlikely to be related to the version you're running and I'd consider opening a support thread (or ticket) about that, detailing the errors. Can possibly be fixed with little difficulty.

              Create a private test mirror and upgrade to 4.1.1 (or 4.1.0 which has less template changes), and see what it looks like. If it's not too bad you can probably fix the style yourself. "Not supported" isn't the same as "won't work".
              MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

              TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.2 Demo
              AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Mark.B View Post
                Create a private test mirror and upgrade to 4.1.1 (or 4.1.0 which has less template changes), and see what it looks like. If it's not too bad you can probably fix the style yourself. "Not supported" isn't the same as "won't work".

                Thats a great idea!

                Thanks alot for your help! Im sure ill be able to get this resolved

                Comment

                widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X