Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Omri Amos
    replied
    oh, I just did another search and found this thread.
    I'll try the solution that's provided over there, thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    It requires custom coding so it something that needs to be taken up at vBulletin.org.
    But again when a member of the staff asks you to do something, you should follow their advice.

Leave a comment:

• Omri Amos
    replied
    Originally posted by Amaury25 View Post
    From what I've seen, you are encouraged to create new threads for your own issues.
    That's exactly my point - this is not (just) my own issue. This was actually LEARNER29's issue..
    Anyway, I'm still looking for a solution to the problem that was described in this thread, so if anyone knows the answer - please tell

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    You should search first, but if you don't find an answer we ask you to create your own thread.

Leave a comment:

• Amaury
    replied
    Originally posted by Omri Amos View Post
    So what if last post was on 12/2/2011..? This is still relevant to this thread. Isn't this what the "search" feature (and the popular "please use the search before creating a new thread" rule) is all about?
    Plus creating a new thread won't send any notification to LEARNER29, so what's the point? I'm directing this message to him.. And I'm doing it here instead of PM because this might be helpful to someone else as well.
    From what I've seen, you are encouraged to create new threads for your own issues.

Leave a comment:

• Omri Amos
    replied
    Originally posted by Amaury25 View Post
    Last post was on 12/2/2011 at 5:23 PM Pacific. You should create your own thread regarding this and be as detailed as possible.
    So what if last post was on 12/2/2011..? This is still relevant to this thread. Isn't this what the "search" feature (and the popular "please use the search before creating a new thread" rule) is all about?
    Plus creating a new thread won't send any notification to LEARNER29, so what's the point? I'm directing this message to him.. And I'm doing it here instead of PM because this might be helpful to someone else as well.

Leave a comment:

• Amaury
    replied
    Originally posted by Omri Amos View Post
    Hi!

I do need it
    Can you please share your solution?

Thanks!
    Last post was on 12/2/2011 at 5:23 PM Pacific. You should create your own thread regarding this and be as detailed as possible.

Leave a comment:

• Omri Amos
    replied
    I'm not sure, plus the cleaner script seems to be extremely unfriendly with large forums.
    Code:
    $posts = $Db_target->query("SELECT postid, pagetext, title FROM " . $targettableprefix . "post");
    ^^^^ This is not going to be really nice with my 4,512,886 rows (3.2GB) 'post' table.

Leave a comment:

• Loco.M
    replied
    Can't this also be done with the cleaner script in your do_not_upload folder?
    I've had to clean similar issues and was able to use the included script.

Leave a comment:

• Omri Amos
    replied
    Originally posted by LEARNER29 View Post
    OK I officially declare that I do have a working solution for this problem. Please contact me if you need it.
    Hi!

I do need it
    Can you please share your solution?

Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• LEARNER29
    replied
    OK I officially declare that I do have a working solution for this problem. Please contact me if you need it.

Leave a comment:

• LEARNER29
    replied
    Originally posted by syvispi View Post
    Did you ever solve this? I'm experiencing the same after converting my SMF2 forum.
    Yes... I think I then got the help of a coder who created for me a custom script to fix the quotes.

Leave a comment:

• syvispi
    replied
    Did you ever solve this? I'm experiencing the same after converting my SMF2 forum.

Leave a comment:

• LEARNER29
    started a topic the quotes are missed in the conversion from smf2.0

the quotes are missed in the conversion from smf2.0

the simplemachines forum script, SMF, quotes posts using the following syntax :

Code:
    [quote author=userID link=topic=topicID.msgPOSTID#msgPOSTID date=1165585121]

vbulletin uses a much simpler form

Code:
    [QUOTE=userID;postID]

I have converted from SMF to vbulletin. The converter does NOT take care of this specific point.

We can easily do this as the converter nicely created a "importpostid " column in the post table. so we know exactly what every postid was before and is after the conversion.
    Similarly, the user table, you have userid and importuserid

Hence I need your help with this to do the following replace in the post table in the pagetext column:

Code:
    [SIZE=1]UPDATE post p
      SET pagetext =
        REPLACE(
          pagetext,
          concat('[quote author=', (select importuserid from user u where u.userid = p.userid), ' postid=', p.importpostID, ']'),
          concat('[quote=', p.userID,';',p.postID,']')
        );
    /*
    select
      concat('[quote author=', (select importuserid from user u where u.userid = p.userid), 'postid=', p.importpostID, ']'),
      concat('[quote=', p.userID,';',p.postID,']')
    from post p;
    */
    [/SIZE]

I of course tried the above, but this did not work.

any help ??